Apr 30, 2018
I recently build a mini-itx system cooled by the h100i v2, the fans get rather loud during games which is expected but keep going after i've closed the game.

Speedfan shows CPU to be less than 30 degrees, gpu is around 45 and hd0 (im assuming hard disk 0 which is m.2 ssd) is hovering at high 50s. These seem like safe temperatures but the rad fans continue to operate loud asf.

Anything I can do to fix this? (Link profile isn't an option as there is no available usb header + cable is ugly as)

Thanks in advance

Solution
Couple of things not in your favor here.
1st is the stock fans on a H100i are miserable. To attain performance ratings they'll spin upto 2800rpm, and there's absolutely no way to keep that quiet, even the Noctua 3k industrials are loud.
2nd is duty cycles. Bios is gonna run minimum of 40% for pwm and 60% for 3pin fans. So even idle you can expect @ 1800rpm. You aren't going to get quiet anywhere.
3rd is its mITX. That puts airflow at a disadvantage with crowding so without good flow, gpu heat is going to saturate the inside of the case, and you get temps like 50°C on drives. My drives never get beyond 35°C no matter what I do.

So all I can say for fixes is replace the stock fans with ones that get similar or better performance at half...
Apr 30, 2018
Your specifcations would be useful here - each board can do it slightly differently.
But you might be able to use SpeedFan or reconfigure your default fan settings in your BIOS.

cpu: i5 8400
mobo: asus rog b360-i
gpu: asus rog 1070
ram: g.skill trident z 16gb 2400
hdd: samsung 970 evo plus
psu: corsair mwe 550 gold
cooler: corsair h100i v2

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Couple of things not in your favor here.
1st is the stock fans on a H100i are miserable. To attain performance ratings they'll spin upto 2800rpm, and there's absolutely no way to keep that quiet, even the Noctua 3k industrials are loud.
2nd is duty cycles. Bios is gonna run minimum of 40% for pwm and 60% for 3pin fans. So even idle you can expect @ 1800rpm. You aren't going to get quiet anywhere.
3rd is its mITX. That puts airflow at a disadvantage with crowding so without good flow, gpu heat is going to saturate the inside of the case, and you get temps like 50°C on drives. My drives never get beyond 35°C no matter what I do.

So all I can say for fixes is replace the stock fans with ones that get similar or better performance at half the rpm (Noctua NF-F12/P12, Phanteks F120MP) and use the best fan/s you can get for intakes. With that, you'll want to use SpeedFan (since Link is out) to set a decent curve based on fan ability per set of fans not a linear 30-70° sloped bios duty cycle.

Cpu/gpu temp will change drastically depending on the load. Gaming loads will jump it up, same as opening any program will, but conversely when you stop that load, temps plummet within a second or 2

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Missed that, but yes, you can use the Fan eXpert tool independant of AI Suite. It's a very good tool and easy to use for fan controls. Benefit is also allowing a warning if fans/pump fall below rated rpms. Your pump should be running about 2400-2700rpm, so set the alarm @ 500rpm below that.

TRENDING THREADS