[SOLVED] PC starts crashing after some period of time ?

aerski

Commendable
Nov 26, 2019
I built my own PC about 3 years ago, but even since I built it if I leave my computer on for more than about 10 hours, explorer.exe and everything else will slowly stop responding, and I'm not even able to type anything into a web search.

Black boxes appear everywhere and when you restart explorer.exe, (if you manage to get to it because Task Manager too is a black box...) everything is still slowly crashing and not responding/throwing out errors - but I know my hardware is working correctly, and I have cool temps. If I restart, everything is back to working order...
I've looked everywhere for a solution but I only saw one person ask on this forum and it didn't come to a conclusion.
Specs in my siggy

Solution
Take a look what’s happening with “non-paged pool” in your task manager’s performance - memory section over time. If it constantly grows with no sign of emptying, it may be memory leaks, most often caused by wi-fi/ethernet drivers

dbashlak

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013
geexfix.com
Take a look what’s happening with “non-paged pool” in your task manager’s performance - memory section over time. If it constantly grows with no sign of emptying, it may be memory leaks, most often caused by wi-fi/ethernet drivers

Solution

aerski

Commendable
Nov 26, 2019
Wow, thanks to you I found out I have a memory leak, it was consistently growing into the gigabytes. I'm using Poolmon now to see which drivers are causing a problem.