[SOLVED] PC stops detecting microphone unless I restart my PC

Nov 24, 2019
For some reason, after maybe a week to a few weeks of using my microphone, it will just stop working for some reason, and I don't mean the microphone itself, my PC will just stop being able to detect it, as if it wasn't even plugged in. Unplugging and plugging it back in doesn't fix the issue, as right after, I get a notification saying "USB device not recognized". Thankfully, restarting my PC fixes the issue, but only for about a week, then I have to do the process over again. Obviously, it's getting annoying to have to restart my PC every few times I want to use the mic, so does anyone know what in the world's going on and how to fix it?

Solution

Starcruiser

Honorable
That error message usually means the USB device itself is failing or not connected properly.
What microphone and motherboard models do you have? So I can look up if there are any known issues with either and make sure the drivers are updated.

Nov 24, 2019
That error message usually means the USB device itself is failing or not connected properly.
What microphone and motherboard models do you have? So I can look up if there are any known issues with either and make sure the drivers are updated.

Motherboard: MSI 760gma-p34(fx) (ms-7641)

Microphone: Don't remember exactly what it's called, just that it's a Fifine mic, I think it was this one - https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-C...ocphy=9011763&hvtargid=pla-405706244344&psc=1 .

Starcruiser

Honorable
Motherboard: MSI 760gma-p34(fx) (ms-7641)

Microphone: Don't remember exactly what it's called, just that it's a Fifine mic, I think it was this one - https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-C...ocphy=9011763&hvtargid=pla-405706244344&psc=1 .

I see several people having the issue you're having, where the microphone dies after a few weeks. It's a pretty small percentage of people so it seems you're just one of the unlucky. It will need to be returned for replacement.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS