[SOLVED] PC stuck at BIOS update loop and i cannot get it fixed

Nov 16, 2019
Hello, my pc has stuck in BIOS update loop and its been two weeks with this problem.
I have:

i7 4790k,
asus z97 mark 2 motherboard
gtx 960
Windows 10.

Its a pretty solid build and this win10 install is 2 months old.

Two weeks ago i out of curiosity installed asus chat application, i saw no need for it but forgot to unistall it, then the problems started happening, basically the pc will take some time to boot, it will either start and show a blank screen or start>show bios menu>bios update warning.
So the bios update keeps going for more than two hours and it always fails then it restarts and boots my win10 just fine.

Im not sure if this is caused by the asus app(likely) or win10 pushing a bios update which as i saw on the internet has happened.

A few days ago i decided to update bios manually and within 5 minutes im in latest version but that did not fix the problem either.

I stopped the asus process, removed the asus app entirely, from program files and from x86 program files, removed from startup, disabled and stopped that specific asus service.
I just went into a full windows recovery mode removing all files and nothing seems to work.

I really dont know what to do at this point, my last step is do a full format once the boot menu shows.
I really need to fix my pc, its been 2 weeks without work.
Anyway any help or info is thankful and sorry for my bad english

Solution
Whatever BIOS update or windows update, when you remove the boot device, the PC will not boot into the window, during the POST it will show no boot device error, it will stuck in the black screen, or the boot screen, and it will not stuck in the whatever update.
Nov 16, 2019
1) Do you try to clear the CMOS, then boot the PC again? If it does not work, try next step.

2)Try this from asus tech support. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012219/

3) If those don't work for you, you may need to buy the BIOS chip for replacement, if the problem is from the BIOS. If the problem is from something else, you need to ask someone to test for you, like the local PC shop.
i did a revert of bios and installed the default version, i even removed hard drives and still same problem, last thing is cmos, also bios is fully working but an update forced by asusapp or windows updates got stuck and i have no idea how that can be removed
thanks

I stopped the asus process, removed the asus app entirely, from program files and from x86 program files, removed from startup, disabled and stopped that specific asus service.
I just went into a full windows recovery mode removing all files and nothing seems to work.
i did a revert of bios and installed the default version, i even removed hard drives and still same problem
If you did remove the HDD ( assuming the OS is in it) , the PC will not run, it is strange you still get windows updates got stuck.

Whatever BIOS update or windows update, when you remove the boot device, the PC will not boot into the window, during the POST it will show no boot device error, it will stuck in the black screen, or the boot screen, and it will not stuck in the whatever update.

Solution