Question PC stuck in booting screen when GPU is plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokeassgamer

Reputable
May 24, 2018
I recently got a new setup without the GPU and HDD. When I first booted up the PC it was stuck in the booting screen for a long time and then it just went black. I tried without the GPU and it started fine. I also checked if my GPU was faulty on my old PC and it worked fine. The motherboard is B75M-D3V and the graphics card is GT 1030. Any help will be appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Also, you state getting a new system without a GPU and HDD, so did you add them in later, after purchasing? If you're able to get into BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing?

Best that you list your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Speaking of the HDD, did you reinstall your OS after migrating to the new system? What was your former motherboard's make and model?

brokeassgamer

Reputable
May 24, 2018
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Also, you state getting a new system without a GPU and HDD, so did you add them in later, after purchasing? If you're able to get into BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing?

Best that you list your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Speaking of the HDD, did you reinstall your OS after migrating to the new system? What was your former motherboard's make and model?
Thanks a lot for the reply, I fixed it by switching the motherboard's boot from UEFI to Legacy and it worked. Idk why 1030 would cause this problem but it works perfectly fine now!

Reactions: ankur_fox
Status
Not open for further replies.