Question PC Stuttering (Only while loading?)

Crowywoey

Prominent
Feb 18, 2021
Hello all,

My PC, which I have owned for just over a year now, has started to stutter on games and Windows startup. This only began about 3/4 weeks ago while playing a game of CS:GO. My PC started freezing up really badly, so I decided to check Task Manager and my Memory usage was at 100% from "windows audio device graph isolation". I decided to restart as it remained at 100%. After the restart is seemed to have returned to normal, but then a few days later I noticed that my mouse will stutter when the PC is loading up. The mouse will freeze on the screen and then continue the momement again, and this will continue for about a minute or so. This isn't always the case though. Most times it will only stutter for about 5 seconds and then the machine will function like normal. But on the gaming side of things (most noticeably CS:GO), my game becomes unplayable for the first few rounds of the game as the PC will stutter really badly as I get closer to the enemy team, and when I die. As the game progresses, the stuttering starts to slowly become less and less, but still seems completely random as it can happen at any point during the game WHEN I am near an enemy player, or a sudden action like dying. Another example is opening chests in the game Terraria. When I open a chest with items in for the first time in that session, my game will stutter/freeze for up to a second per chest I try to open. This has happened every session when trying to play that game. Other games like theHunter and Valheim do not seem to have any stuttering at all and perform like they should, except some stuttering on Valheim every so often but I'm assuming thats because it's unoptimized. Games that load in textures/assets as you are playing seem to be affected the most? (I should also mention that my FPS is still reaching the FPS I used to get, so 300+ on CSGO. and 60 on Terraria. My framerate doesn't move too much until it stutters, and then I can see that my FPS has dropped from 300+ to a very low number like 1).

I have spent hours and hours trying to fix my issues. But all of the changes seem to have done nothing. I have:

• Reset Windows 10 to the basic default with a Flash-USB
  • Reinstalled/updated/downgraded drivers for the GPU and Sound
  • Cleaned my PC completely to make sure that it's not heat related
  • Done a windows memory diagnostic to check for any issues
  • Moved the RAM to the other 2 slots available (Tried 1 stick by itself too)
  • Changed GPU from my 2070 Super to my old 1050ti
  • Changed PC to performance mode from balanced
  • Updated BIOS
  • Turned off XBOX gamebar
  • Ran a 3dmark test to check performance, acheived the expected outcome
  • Ran a userbenchmark test and acheived UFO on all 3 categories (XMP was turned off from the BIOS update, so enabled again to acheive these results)
  • Installed the same games on both drives, no fix
  • Configured settings in Nvidia Control Panel, such as vsync off
  • Updated/uninstalled/reinstalled iCUE & Logitech G HUB
  • Tried 1 monitor setup (Usually using 2)
  • Turned off/on in-game overlays from Xbox & Steam
  • Turned Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduler on/off
  • Ran LatencyMon - "Highest reported DPC routine execution time" - which seems to report "tcpip.sys" TCP/IP Driver as 200+ on Desktop. Once I get into any game, "nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver" reports 2000+
(I followed a guide about this and uninstalled graphics drives, and installed an old one which should fix the issue - it didn't)

There are probably other things I've tried and forgotten to list here, but these are the main ones from my memory.

PC Specs (PRE-BUILT) -

CASE: Corsair 220T Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Side Panels (OEM – No Fans) (Black Colour )
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900KF - 8-Core 3.60GHz, 5.00GHz Turbo - 16MB Cache, Ultimate OC Compatible (No On-board Graphics)
FAN: Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 120 Liquid Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator, Extreme OC Compatible (Cooler Master CPU Water Cooling, Extreme OC Compatible)
HDD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (1 Drive)
M2SSD: 512GB (1x512GB) Intel 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 1500MB/s Read & 1000MB/s Write (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3000mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX w/Heat Spreader)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z390-A PRO: ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, SATA3, 1x M.2
POWERSUPPLY: Corsair Vengeance Series 650M 650W 80+ Silver Gaming Power Supply
VIDEO: ASUS GeForce(R) RTX 2070 Super 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12(R), VR Ready, HDMI, DP - 4 Monitor Support (Single Card)

I'm hoping my issue is RAM related, but I doubt it. ANY help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Crowywoey

Prominent
Feb 18, 2021
Update:
I still have this issue and haven’t solved it. I have also noticed that using my microphone push to talk on lots of different games such as Garrys Mod, Tower Unite, GTA 5 etc causes my games to also stutter for about 1/4 of a second.

If this post has revived this thread, any help would still go a long way. Cheers.

Crowywoey

Prominent
Feb 18, 2021
Update:
I still have this issue and haven’t solved it. I have also noticed that using my microphone push to talk on lots of different games such as Garrys Mod, Tower Unite, GTA 5 etc causes my games to also stutter for about 1/4 of a second.

If this post has revived this thread, any help would still go a long way. Cheers.
Also, my water cooler makes a weird sucking sound every so often if this can somehow be related. It never did it before, only the last few months and before this started.

TRENDING THREADS