Question PC suddenly started crashing

krechaaxd

Prominent
Jan 2, 2023
Hi there, my pc suddenly started crashing a few minutes after booting and by that I mean it first cuts the monitor output, staying on a single frame, then comes this repeated sound in my headphones that's preceded by a thump. It stays like this until I restart the whole PC, and sometimes after the restart it happens again, have to do this until it suddenly stops again. anyone know a fix?

krechaaxd

Prominent
Jan 2, 2023
It's a zotac prebuild called the Zbox with
an I5-10400
an RTX 3060
a zotac branded motherboard
16 gigs of 3200mhz ram
and a m.2 drive which doesnt really show up on cpuz

didnt install anything that isnt trusted and havent changed any settings that would cause this, i'd gone to microsoft support through the share screen ability... and they didnt fix it, they used some cmd commands

krechaaxd

Prominent
Jan 2, 2023
it's the ZBOX-ECM53060C model number,
I tried looking at the power supply, can't because it's obstructed by something, I know its a 500W one, probably from zotac (?)

COLGeek

Cybernaut

krechaaxd

Prominent
Jan 2, 2023
Looks like the one, bought it close to june 2021 so it still is under the 2 year warranty from zotac, and the 2 year warranty from the company I bought it from

it's the ZBOX-ECM53060C model number,
I tried looking at the power supply, can't because it's obstructed by something, I know its a 500W one, probably from zotac (?)

Run memtest86+, by creating a bootable thumbdrive. Run it for 4 passes (it will take while.) Note: if there errors, then it's possibly your ram causing the issues. PSU issues normally present with restarts rather than freezes. But can't rule it out either.

krechaaxd

Prominent
Jan 2, 2023
Run memtest86+, by creating a bootable thumbdrive. Run it for 4 passes (it will take while.) Note: if there errors, then it's possibly your ram causing the issues. PSU issues normally present with restarts rather than freezes. But can't rule it out either.
do I do it in cmd or where, not that good in commands and stuff like that

krechaaxd

Prominent
Jan 2, 2023
failed to mention that the pc is usable after boot for about 5 minutes until it does that (if it even happens) its quite random, one time it happens, other times it just doesn't

krechaaxd

Prominent
Jan 2, 2023
Ok, so I ran it 4 times and it got no errors so that's good.
Not sure what's next, probably the power supply but I dont know how I would check that
some other guys said that it might be the gpu but I dont really know.

krechaaxd

Prominent
Jan 2, 2023
Hey, so my PC is still having the same issue I wrote about here a few months ago, that is it crashed when launching games, sometimes even whilst idle, and it has these random annoying stutters mainly when playing games, and these stutters happen randomly, freezing for maybe half a second before it stops. These stutters have decided if I win or lose so I'm fed up.

The PC is a ZOTAC-ZBOX Magnus One prebuilt with a 10400F, 3060, 16gigs of RAM 2600mhz, and an ITB M.2 SSD.

The power supply is obstructed so I can't get to it, I'm pretty sure it's a 500W one zotac made specifically for this PC. I don't know what to do, please HELP!

TRENDING THREADS