Question PC turned on, but there's no display, and no peripherals are working ?

Max Arthur

Prominent
Dec 17, 2021
So last night i turn off my PC, but i forgot to unplug it. Then this morning, i try to turn it on, it works but there's no display, even the keyboard, mouse, microphone and headset don't work. The cpu fan, hdd, and gpu fan are working. The motherboard rgb light is on, and my LED fans too. It is the pheriperals? Or I think its the motherboard?? Because I bought a new psu only 1 month ago.

Specs:
i5-9400F
ASUS ROG Z390-F
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb 2666MHz
MSI GTX 1650 Super Ventus XS OC
ADATA XPG SX6000 PRO 512GB M.2
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 4TB
Corsair RM750
Segotep BeCool 240mm AIO

Pheriperals:
MSI G243 Monitor
Logitech G102 Lightsync
Redragon K617RGB
Steelseries Arctis 3
SOUNDTECH microphone

Please help, my PC is very important.

Ralston18

Titan
Why is the computer being unplugged: power problems in your area? Spikes, outages, thunderstorms, etc.?

= = = =

Any interim devices such as surge protectors, power strips, UPS, extension cords?

The Corsair RM750 being the new PSU?

Will the computer boot into Safe Mode?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Perhaps something is simply a bit loose.

And do consider that the new PSU may have failed in some manner. Are you able to test the PSU in another computer or borrow another PSU to try in your computer?

Plus if you have a multi-meter and know how to use it (or know someone who does) then you can test the PSU to some extent.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not under load. However any voltages out of tolerance would make the PSU suspect.

Max Arthur

Prominent
Dec 17, 2021
Why is the computer being unplugged: power problems in your area? Spikes, outages, thunderstorms, etc.?

= = = =

Any interim devices such as surge protectors, power strips, UPS, extension cords?

The Corsair RM750 being the new PSU?

Will the computer boot into Safe Mode?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Perhaps something is simply a bit loose.

And do consider that the new PSU may have failed in some manner. Are you able to test the PSU in another computer or borrow another PSU to try in your computer?

Plus if you have a multi-meter and know how to use it (or know someone who does) then you can test the PSU to some extent.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not under load. However any voltages out of tolerance would make the PSU suspect.

1. Yes i unplugged it just in case there was an power outage in my area.

2. No i don't have one

3. Yes, the old one is only 500w, i buy a new one so later i can upgrade my PC without buying a new psu

4. Nope, it doesn't display anything on screen

5. Done it. Its all good and in their place

6.Maybe i can try it with the old psu? and for the multimeter, my friend said he had it, "digital multimeter", right? I will borrow it later, and thanks for the advice, i will try it.