[SOLVED] PC turns on, beeps 5 times thens turn off (no display output) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pescaru98

Prominent
May 4, 2022
Hello, i am facing a problem with a PC.

-> I turn it on (with or without RAM sticks), it starts long beeping for 5 times, but in the middle of the 5th beep, the system powers off and then power on again (continuing to do the same thing).
-> I get no video output

PC specs:
-> Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-D2P (Socket: LGA-1151v1)
-> CPU: Intel i5-6600
-> CPU Cooler: Intel Stock Cooler
-> RAM: 2x Samsung M393a2g40eb1-crc0q
-> PSU: Serioux SRX-500w12cm

What i did:
-> Tried connecting to another PSU of 450W
-> Removed each and both RAM sticks
-> Cleaned and Reapplied the thermal paste on the CPU
-> Reset the CMOS battery in the jumper and the battery removal way

Any comment/oppinion is welcomed. Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
What does BIOS beep sound mean?
1.AWARD BIOS 1short beep :System normal 2 short beep :CMOS Error 1 long beep and 1 short beep:Memory error 1 long beep and 2 short beep:Graphic card error 1 long beep and 3 short beep :AGP error 1 long beep and 9 short beep :Memory Error Continuous long beep :Memory not correctly installed Continuous short beep :Power supply unit failed 2.AMI BIOS 1 short beep :Memory Error 2 short beep:Memory parity check error. 3 short beep :basic memory 64K address check error 4 short beep :Real Time Clock malfunction . 5 short beep :CPU error 6 short beep:Keyboard error 7 short beep :CPU interruption error 8 short beep:Graphic card error 9 short beep :Memory error 10 short beep :CMOS error 11 short beep...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: Serioux SRX-500w12cm
I would start with sourcing a reliably built PSU for your build.

Tried connecting to PSU with of 450W
Make and model of the other PSU?

RAM: 2x Samsung M393a2g40eb1-crc0q
Source non-ECC rams and then try again with powering up the build.

pescaru98

Prominent
May 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: Serioux SRX-500w12cm
I would start with sourcing a reliably built PSU for your build.

Tried connecting to PSU with of 450W
Make and model of the other PSU?

RAM: 2x Samsung M393a2g40eb1-crc0q
Source non-ECC rams and then try again with powering up the build.

Back with news:
-> I bought a DDR4 UDIMM 4GB 2666MHz. After installing it and doing another CMOS reset, i turned it on.
Result: Same as before, but now, as long as the new RAM stick is installed, i get no speaker sound/error. Also to mention, the duration of being ON is almost the same in both cases (~16 seconds)

pescaru98

Prominent
May 4, 2022
Right now, i tried uninstalling all parts from the motherboard. The only things left on the motherboard are the 24pin, 8pin cpu cables, a power button and a speaker.
The result is that the power supply is working continuously, but i get no beeps from the speaker

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
What does BIOS beep sound mean?
1.AWARD BIOS 1short beep :System normal 2 short beep :CMOS Error 1 long beep and 1 short beep:Memory error 1 long beep and 2 short beep:Graphic card error 1 long beep and 3 short beep :AGP error 1 long beep and 9 short beep :Memory Error Continuous long beep :Memory not correctly installed Continuous short beep :Power supply unit failed 2.AMI BIOS 1 short beep :Memory Error 2 short beep:Memory parity check error. 3 short beep :basic memory 64K address check error 4 short beep :Real Time Clock malfunction . 5 short beep :CPU error 6 short beep:Keyboard error 7 short beep :CPU interruption error 8 short beep:Graphic card error 9 short beep :Memory error 10 short beep :CMOS error 11 short beep :CPU cache memory malfunction

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS