Question Pc turns on for about 10 seconds or less then shuts down and restarts

Oct 19, 2023
I'm at the end of my sanity here, my PC was working fine until one day that I moved it around to remodel my room ,the day I moved it , it stopped working , it boots up , fans spinning ,RGB working debug LEDs go from CPU to RAM to VGA then for a split second to CPU and then it shuts down and restarts the process , last time it happened I took everything out reset bios , did everything I could think of and nothing , I was about to go to a hardware store to fix it but I wanted to give it one more try and IT WORKED booted up BIOS reseted etc. No data loss now a few weeks later it's back to doing the same I've dismantled it 3 times , reset BIOS unplugged and plugged every cable in every slot.

If I pull the RAM out it does 3 short beeps and then resets and it doesn't make a difference how many RAM sticks or which channels I go for the end result is the same ,honestly I'm half expecting that by the time somebody figures it out the pc gonna magically fix itself

My specs are
CPU Intel Core™ i7-9700K 12M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz

Mobo GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO

GPU GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Windforce OC 8GB GDDR6 256-bit

SSD Kingston A400 120GB SATA-III 2.5 inch
SSD Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SATA-III 2.5 inch

PSU Seasonic Focus GX, 80+ Gold, 650W

2xRAM HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16

I'm fully opened to ideas to fix it and suggestions for upgrades if they shall arise and I'm sorry for anyone seeing this type of thread for the 500th time rolling Thier eyes but I'm burnt out about this

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
It could be the PSU, but I don't think it is considering the fact that it is a very good PSU. If you can try to get ahold of a different PSU and see if that helps. even if it doesn't, that eliminates the PSU as the source of the problem.

Oct 19, 2023
It could be the PSU, but I don't think it is considering the fact that it is a very good PSU. If you can try to get ahold of a different PSU and see if that helps. even if it doesn't, that eliminates the PSU as the source of the problem.
I have another one , tried switching between them , even tho the other one is older and not modular so I can't fully plug in everything same thing happens , boots up for a few seconds then poof back to shutdown