[SOLVED] PC turns on for split second, then turns off, doesn't turn back on ?

ryqqn123

Reputable
Aug 16, 2017
I have had my PC for about a year now. It was literally working perfectly just last night. This morning I go to turn it on and it turns on for a split second then shuts off and doesn't turn back on. I tried different outlets and PSU power cables but the same thing happens. The RGB on my motherboard and ram are still on but the entire system just won't turn on. Can someone offer help?

Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x
ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super
ASUS Prime X570-Pro
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (2x 8GB)
CORSAIR RMx White Series RM750x White

Solution
The easiest way to find out the source of the problem is to test with different parts. Ask a friend to test his parts one by one and see.

Does the pc turn completely off after the split second? When you press the power button, do you see any activity? Do the fans spin? If yes, its means that you dont have any of output.
The most likely to be dead is the PSU. Since mb's RGB is still on, it means that something fails under the operation's load.
If the fans spin, then its probably a RAM, motherboard or disk problem even the disk.

Ralston18

Titan
Will the system boot into Safe Mode?

Power down, unplug, open the case. (Get help if needed.)

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Are you able to borrow another known working PSU to test in your system? Remember: do not mix and match cables between existing PSU and the test or even a new PSU.

Reactions: norcalsc

Giannis_Mag

Reputable
May 24, 2017
The easiest way to find out the source of the problem is to test with different parts. Ask a friend to test his parts one by one and see.

Does the pc turn completely off after the split second? When you press the power button, do you see any activity? Do the fans spin? If yes, its means that you dont have any of output.
The most likely to be dead is the PSU. Since mb's RGB is still on, it means that something fails under the operation's load.
If the fans spin, then its probably a RAM, motherboard or disk problem even the disk.

Solution