Question PC turns on, GPU fans turns on but there is no display.

Oct 10, 2021
Hi everyone!

So I made my PC few weeks ago and I bought a i3-10105 which has integrated graphics. I made this choice because I was not able to buy a GPU at that time. Anyway, today I bought a GPU (RX 560 4GB) and I tried to mount it. It seems like this GPU has no slots for plugging the PSU (it is because it doesn't consume that much power?), so all I did was to mount it in the PCIe slot. I turned on the PC, CPU fan is spinning, case fans are spinning, GPU fans are spinning, my keyboard and mouse are on (the RGB on them turns on), but the monitor is not showing anything. The monitor power led is normally blue when the monitor is on and yellow when the PC is in sleep mode or the PC is turned off but the monitor on. So, when the PC starts this led would be yellow, I tried to turn the monitor off and on but it doesn't seems to work. I unplugged the GPU and now the PC works fine, just like it did those weeks. But when I plug the GPU the screen don't open. I don't know what to do.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Hi everyone!

So I made my PC few weeks ago and I bought a i3-10105 which has integrated graphics. I made this choice because I was not able to buy a GPU at that time. Anyway, today I bought a GPU (RX 560 4GB) and I tried to mount it. It seems like this GPU has no slots for plugging the PSU (it is because it doesn't consume that much power?), so all I did was to mount it in the PCIe slot. I turned on the PC, CPU fan is spinning, case fans are spinning, GPU fans are spinning, my keyboard and mouse are on (the RGB on them turns on), but the monitor is not showing anything. The monitor power led is normally blue when the monitor is on and yellow when the PC is in sleep mode or the PC is turned off but the monitor on. So, when the PC starts this led would be yellow, I tried to turn the monitor off and on but it doesn't seems to work. I unplugged the GPU and now the PC works fine, just like it did those weeks. But when I plug the GPU the screen don't open. I don't know what to do.
i cant seem to find any info on your gpu but from what you described, it seems like your gpu doesnt consume much power so only powered by the gpu slot.

is it this gpu?

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-560.c2940

if it is, it is only drawing 75w.

as for the no output display, If your computer uses an integrated graphics chipset as its primary display adapter, you must first enable the PCI Express slot from the BIOS menu before switching to a PCIe video card.

Oct 10, 2021
i cant seem to find any info on your gpu but from what you described, it seems like your gpu doesnt consume much power so only powered by the gpu slot.

is it this gpu?

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-560.c2940

if it is, it is only drawing 75w.

as for the no output display, If your computer uses an integrated graphics chipset as its primary display adapter, you must first enable the PCI Express slot from the BIOS menu before switching to a PCIe video card.
Is the rx 560 made by afox,

about the bios, it is selected the PCIe video card option.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi everyone!

Do you have the monitor plugged into the video card?

It should display without drivers installed and the board will auto detect the card so their nothing to change in BIOS.

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
Oct 10, 2021
Do you have the monitor plugged into the video card?

It should display without drivers installed and the board will auto detect the card so their nothing to change in BIOS.
No, the monitor is plugged into the motherboard. The GPU does not have a slot for my monitor (D-Sub), only HDMI, DVI and DP.

TRENDING THREADS