[SOLVED] Pc turns on then off then back on again and boots normally

Aug 1, 2020
Hello, so I recently installed a new Mobo and cpu into my computer. This issue started when I installed the new mobo when I switch the psu off and then turn the pc back on the next day it will turn on fans spin and everything for about 2 seconds and then shut off then turn back on and boot normally.

When I don’t switch it off it will boot like normal each time. My new mobo does have a 8 pin and 4 pin cpu power which I am only using the 8pin. Would plugging in the 4 pin fix this issue?

Specs:
intel i9-9900
Rtx 2070
16 Gb ram
Gigabyte Z390 Designare lga 1151 (300) series
850 watt psu.

many ideas are appreciated

Solution
Nothing else comes to mind besides that, and since it's a brand new build, you didn't need to reinstall Windows; if one carries over their old C drive, it's recommended to reinstall the OS to flush out the drivers and registry files for the older hardware.
Aug 1, 2020
Why are you switching the psu off? There's no need to do that, unless you're moving the PC, about to do some maintenance, or there's a major thunderstorm.

No, that's for extra overclocking power.

There's no real issue here, you've simply created one.
I switch it off at night cuz of habit. It’s no big deal shutting it off, reading some other threads are having the same issue everyone is saying it’s normal, was just curious if it’s happing because of that 4 pin that I’m not using on my motherboard. Thanks tho

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing else comes to mind besides that, and since it's a brand new build, you didn't need to reinstall Windows; if one carries over their old C drive, it's recommended to reinstall the OS to flush out the drivers and registry files for the older hardware.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS