Mar 28, 2019
Hello everyone,
My current configuration is:
CPU: i5-4690
GPU: Sapphire R9-290 tri-x
MOBO: ASRock H97 Pro4
PSU: Enermax Revolution xt 630 Watt
RAM: 2x4GB Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3

I assembled this PC on Jenuary 2015, and now, 4 years later it started to lose a bit, especially on "recent" games. Having a budget of more or less 350 euros I'm looking to upgrade my cpu/mobo/ram:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
Ram: Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K8G4D30BESBK 16 GB (8 GBx2) 3200 MT/s CL 16

Are all the components compatible ? What do you think about the upgrade ?
Thank in advance.

Solution
They are all good choices
I have a similar system to you still.
Now ask yourself this, how soon do you want to upgrade?
Supposedly July is the release date of the NEW ryzen CPU's and motherboards. They won't be any cheaper than what you see today, but the 2xxx series CPU's prices have just been cut and so it could be worth just buying these.

Check the RAM is compatible with the motherboard by looking on the motherboard website.

WildCard999

Titan
Good upgrade! All compatible, just make sure the memory is placed into the correct slots (A2/B2) and DOCP is enabled in the BIOS. DOCP is Asus version of AXMP and will make sure the memory runs at the correct speed of 3200.

SWVnQRc.png
\

As a side note once the new hardware is installed you'll want to do a clean install of Windows and the motherboard/GPU drivers.

Last edited:
Supposedly July is the release date of the NEW ryzen CPU's and motherboards. They won't be any cheaper than what you see today, but the 2xxx series CPU's prices have just been cut and so it could be worth just buying these.

Check the RAM is compatible with the motherboard by looking on the motherboard website.

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
This would be quality and within budget:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X with Wraith Spire Cooler, Gigabyte B450 AORUS M CPU / Motherboard Bundle (220.00 USD) Microcenter
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (129.00 USD) Microcenter

That is a hair more but higher quality setup.
Euro's so I don't think there's a Microcenter near the OP.

Mar 28, 2019
First of all thanks for the reply.

I'm going to buy the components within a month, so no problem about that.

This would be quality and within budget:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X with Wraith Spire Cooler, Gigabyte B450 AORUS M CPU / Motherboard Bundle (220.00 USD) Microcenter
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (129.00 USD) Microcenter

That is a hair more but higher quality setup.
I live in Italy, and here we have no such place, i'm going to order everything on amazon, and with my budget I don't think I can go higher than that.