Question [PC-Win10] Cannot use Wireless Controller and Wireless Headphone simultaneously

Dec 2, 2021
I'm currently using a 4.0 bluetooth adapter for PC and the PS5 Controller, aswell as a wireless headphone.
Both the headphone and the controller are working just fine and can be connected by cable optionally, so in the worst case scenario i can still use both at the same time.

However, I cant connect both wirelessly at the sime time. If I connect the headphone first, sometimes the PS5 controller can be connected, but it bugs the hell out of the headphone audio, as if the connection got bad because I got too far away from it.
Most of the times, however, it won't even connect(if i try to connect it'll stay on "connecting" forever and never really connect).
Connecting the controller first, I was never able to connect the headphones. Once i try to connect the headphone, i get a "connecting" message, but it never connects.

I've seen that it'd be a problem to use two devices of the same type at the same time with the same bluetooth profile, but they are different devices, right? A wireless controller and a wireless headphone.
At first, i tought that the problem was that the controller was being recognized as an audio device, since before it was happening before I installed DS4 Windows, but i already removed it from the sound devices and never had this problem again, altough I'm not so sure if there's no garbabe on the system.

I'm considering buying a new adapter, but I have no idea if it'll even fix it, since most adapters seems to be the same and I couldn't find the same problem on the internet aswell. It's becoming quite a pain, since i bought the wireless headphones exclusively to be able to lie on my bed to play on my PC

Ralston18

Titan
Is the 4.0 bluetooth adapter USB? And likely plugged into some USB port on the back of the PC?

In any case, try using a USB extension cable to raise the Bluetooth adapter up and away from the back of the PC.

Doing so may improve the performance of the Bluetooth adapter.

Dec 2, 2021
Is the 4.0 bluetooth adapter USB? And likely plugged into some USB port on the back of the PC?

In any case, try using a USB extension cable to raise the Bluetooth adapter up and away from the back of the PC.

Doing so may improve the performance of the Bluetooth adapter.

Yes, it's a USB adapter. And no, it's not currently in the back of the PC due to convenience. I just tested again with it on the back and it behaves exactly the same. Altough i noticed that it instead of going on a infinite loop trying to connect, it pairs one of them. However, if i try to manually connect both at the same time the previous error happens again.

Also, i guess i wasn't clear in my OP. The headphone behaves as if i'm too far away from the adapter, but i'm actually a few centimeters away from it. Most likely about 50-70cm at most when it happens.

Ralston18

Titan
Try using a long USB extension cable anyway - just in order to be able to move the USB adapter up and about.

= = = =

As for pairing take a very close look at the devices on the system.

Open Powershell (as admin) and run the Get-PNPDevice cmdlet at the PS> prompt.

Then run Get-PNPDevice -Class 'Bluetooth' to shorten the list.

You may find something that is not as expected and causing or contributing to the problem.

Dec 2, 2021
Try using a long USB extension cable anyway - just in order to be able to move the USB adapter up and about.

= = = =

As for pairing take a very close look at the devices on the system.

Open Powershell (as admin) and run the Get-PNPDevice cmdlet at the PS> prompt.

Then run Get-PNPDevice -Class 'Bluetooth' to shorten the list.

You may find something that is not as expected and causing or contributing to the problem.

There's two connection for the headphones and i've heard that's not wrong(i don't really remember where i saw it, so i can't give the source, unfortunately).
The first connection is just the device name, and the other is the AVRCP transport. However, the AVRCP transport have two connections for it. Also, i'm not sure it it's supposed to be like that, but the connection that provides output for the headphone is the AVRCP. The regular one don't seem to do anything at all. That's the only odd thing i could see when doing this query.

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure (full disclosure) about what is happening.

However the following may be relevant:

"There's two connection for the headphones and i've heard that's not wrong(i don't really remember where i saw it, so i can't give the source, unfortunately).
The first connection is just the device name, and the other is the AVRCP transport"

Are you able to provide more information and perhaps a couple of screen captures?

If so, do so, and post here using imgur (www.imgur.com).

And also update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.