[SOLVED] Pc won’t boot need help

Jun 26, 2020
So I’ve been using this really good pc for a while and yesterday it suddenly stopped working. I have a I9-9900k cpu, 2080 ti, and a rog strix z390 e gaming motherboard. I was gaming when it crashed so I turned it off and back on but it wouldn’t turn on. There was a continuous red light next to my ram so I thought at first it was my ram but I’m not sure. I tried to take the ram out and put it back in but the second slot started smoking so I turned off the pc. The second slot is damaged and so is 1 of my ram sticks. No idea why this happened. Anyways I don’t want to buy a new motherboard so I’m trying to use the 1 stick I have left and I put it in the 4th slot and the pc still won’t boot. I tried to look up the manual for my motherboard to see what the red led light means but I couldn’t find an answer. I think it may be my cpu since other rog motherboards red led means cpu malfunction. I don’t know why this is happening to me as I have a really good build and never expected it to just malfunction for no apparent reason. Please help.

Solution
If you had smoke, and damaged memory slot/stick, I'm afraid 99% of the time that will all have to be replaced.

You can try and boot with no components. Disconnect everything, but cpu, and plug your monitor staight into your mobo and see if the bios boots. If not then your mobo is most likely fried.

Burke_a_lot

Prominent
May 25, 2020
If you had smoke, and damaged memory slot/stick, I'm afraid 99% of the time that will all have to be replaced.

You can try and boot with no components. Disconnect everything, but cpu, and plug your monitor staight into your mobo and see if the bios boots. If not then your mobo is most likely fried.

Solution
Jun 26, 2020

It still turns on when I put in the good stick in the good slot but there is no display and a red light. Does that mean the mobo is good or could it still be fried?