[SOLVED] PC won’t boot with new PSU

Dec 31, 2020
I am a little novice with building PCs. I have previously replaced my Mobo, CPU, cpu cooler, and ram myself, but just the other day I tried replacing the PSU for the first time, and my PC will not turn on. When I press the power, everything turns on (fans spin, mobo lights up, GPU fans spin, etc.) for only about 1-2 seconds, then the PSU clicks and it shuts off, and gets stuck in a reset loop, clicking each time it shuts back off, until I shut the PSU off, but during the reset loop, everything only gets power for about half a second. I unplugged every cable and plugged back in, reseated ram and GPU, and plugged the PSU into a different outlet. Halp.

my build is:
CPU: I7 9700K
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
CPU cooler: Cooler master Hyper 212 RGB Black edition
MoBo: msi MPG z390 gaming plus
PSU: Gigabyte P850GM 80 Plus 850W
Case: Corsair Spec Alpha

Solution
Ok guys, sorry for wasting time, I fixed it. I had also tried to install a liquid cooler before this when I first put the PSU in, but it didn’t fit so I put the old cooler back on and continued with the PSU installation. I reseated the CPU and reapplied thermal paste and it’s working now, problem solved! 😁
Dec 31, 2020
Ok guys, sorry for wasting time, I fixed it. I had also tried to install a liquid cooler before this when I first put the PSU in, but it didn’t fit so I put the old cooler back on and continued with the PSU installation. I reseated the CPU and reapplied thermal paste and it’s working now, problem solved! 😁

Solution