May 1, 2023
So i have a friend who use a Intel i3-2120. I have a i5-3570, and after i buy a new pc i decide to give my old cpu to my friend since its have the same chipset (H61, his using a p8h61-m lx r2.0) But after installing the cpu, my friend PC doens't boot at all. Black screen, the mouse light doesn't turn on, but the pc light and fan is working. But then we reinstall his i3-2120 and its working. We decide to update the bios, after that we reinstall the 3570 but its still the same. Blackscreen, and the pheriperals doesn't light up/work at all.

Things we've been do:
- reseat ram
- reseat cmos battery
- update bios to the newest version (1204)
- check the mb processor support, it says it support i5-3570
- check YouTube videos about p8h61-m lx r2.0 and i5-3570, i find one and its work

Any idea?

Did you just remove the battery to reset the CMOS, or did you follow the directions as outlined in the motherboard manual? In the "1.9 Jumpers" section, they tell you to use the CLRTC jumper on the board for that purpose. They suggest first unplugging the computer, then temporarily moving the jumper from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3 for 10 seconds, before moving it back. Then, plug it back in, and start it up holding the DEL key to enter the BIOS.

They also suggest that if that doesn't work, you can remove the battery in addition to using the jumper. Removing the battery alone might not be enough to reset the settings if they have something like a capacitor to keep the CMOS powered during battery changes, so using the jumper might be necessary to cut power entirely.

The manual can be found here for more details, like where the jumper is located:

Reactions: rickypicky5