[SOLVED] pc wont boot after replacing 2 components

NxthuLol

Prominent
Dec 1, 2022
Ok so my PSU was starting to fail (not booting on first boot, random restarts) and i had a brand new PSU and MB laying around (New parts Corsair RM850X Gold Rated, TUF Gaming B450M-Plus II) i just spent the last 3-4 hours rebuilding my pc instead of going to school just finished and plugged it all in, and it wont boot. No fan spin, No lights nothing. now what i think the problem is that i didn’t line up all the standoffs so some of them aren’t screwed in but i didn’t even really think that would matter give me your thoughts on what it could be (Specs Ryzen 5 2600, 32GB DDR5 Of Ram, psu and mb listed above, and RX580 8GB)

Solution
what i think the problem is that i didn’t line up all the standoffs so some of them aren’t screwed in
i've seen some issues with improper standoff mounts causing issues years ago but it was never due to missing screws, always the case mounts being out of place and causing shorting.

you should remove everything from the case and build a basic breadboard system on the motherboard cardboard box.
if still no boot/POST then you know you have a piece of malfunctioned hardware.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Ok so my PSU was starting to fail (not booting on first boot, random restarts) and i had a brand new PSU and MB laying around (New parts Corsair RM850X Gold Rated, TUF Gaming B450M-Plus II) i just spent the last 3-4 hours rebuilding my pc instead of going to school just finished and plugged it all in, and it wont boot. No fan spin, No lights nothing. now what i think the problem is that i didn’t line up all the standoffs so some of them aren’t screwed in but i didn’t even really think that would matter give me your thoughts on what it could be (Specs Ryzen 5 2600, 32GB DDR5 Of Ram, psu and mb listed above, and RX580 8GB)
Power switch not turned on at the power supply.

Case power switch on the wrong connectors.

what i think the problem is that i didn’t line up all the standoffs so some of them aren’t screwed in
i've seen some issues with improper standoff mounts causing issues years ago but it was never due to missing screws, always the case mounts being out of place and causing shorting.

you should remove everything from the case and build a basic breadboard system on the motherboard cardboard box.

Solution

NxthuLol

Prominent
Dec 1, 2022

bread board worked booted right up

NxthuLol

Prominent
Dec 1, 2022

i don’t doubt that when i was shoving that small RM850 into my terribly cable managed case that one of the cables got knocked loose and wouldn’t power on thank you for the help🙏🙏

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost

NxthuLol

Prominent
Dec 1, 2022

new problem it turns on now everything works but my fans won’t work/turn on

TRENDING THREADS