Question PC won't boot anymore after a "simple" change in the BIOS settings ?

Jun 9, 2023
Hi,

CPU: i3-10105f
CPU cooler: boxed right now
Motherboard: H510m s2h v3 rev1
Ram: 16gb
SSD/HDD: ssd
GPU: rx 580
PSU: Bequiet 500w

i wanted to re-enable secure boot. According to the bios tooltip, i had to generate a ... key manager/password??? (I completly forgot what the name of the key was... it was right below the secure boot option key list with authentificator key and all).
As soon as I set said key to default and attempted to save and reboot, I couldnt boot anymore. No screen, no logo, only "no signal"

Can't boot anymore.
- 5 beeps (apparently its cpu error)
- I noticed that the quick "wind up" of the CPU fans right after start booting is very subtle and not as aggressive as usually.

Thinks I tried so far:
Resetting CMOS, battery and pins, multiple times. (Motherboard is 1 month old basically brand new)
Installed different PSU, GPU, Mainboard and CPU cooler
Tested each ram stick in each ram slot seperately
Tried to boot without any external devices plugged in
Tried to boot via USB with my SSD beeing unplugged
Switched HDMI and DP cable, tried different PSU cable(s)
Unplugged all cables one night and discharged by pressing down Power On for a minute

i never OC my CPU and did only office work last months. How likely is it that i just bricked my CPU from a simple mainboard setting?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Resetting CMOS, battery and pins, multiple times.
Disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs, then replace the battery after 30mins.