[SOLVED] Pc wont boot up

Nov 23, 2020
Ok long story, I got a new ssd and a new hardrive to put into my computer but my case didn't have the space for them so I moved back to an older case...but in a few days while playing cod I was getting temp errors so I have moved back to my original case and removed the hardrives so when playing cod again last night my comp crashed saying something went wrong started some scan and hasn't come back on since, I have tried every method under the sun but nothing coming on the screen can't even get into my bios....can anyone think of something I havent thanks

Nov 23, 2020
Is there not a faster way to find out which piece of hardware is down, im guessing the cpu cause im not hearing any beeps on startup and all fans and lights come on

If I were there it will be easy. But since we are not with you and we cannot see your components, it will be hard to give you specific instructions like connecting a disc to a SATA port or M.2 port.
Different hardware, like a motherboard, might have a different layout depending on model...etc...etc.

Ok long story, I got a new ssd and a new hardrive to put into my computer but my case didn't have the space for them so I moved back to an older case...but in a few days while playing cod I was getting temp errors so I have moved back to my original case and removed the hardrives so when playing cod again last night my comp crashed saying something went wrong started some scan and hasn't come back on since, I have tried every method under the sun but nothing coming on the screen can't even get into my bios....can anyone think of something I havent thanks
First you should Troubleshoot basic errors like.. Cleaning RAM slot, Cleaning Power connectors.. Cleaning GPU... Clearing BIOS.. and then if your PC didn't boot.. then you should consider something else wrong..

And CPU won't die like this.. they just go instantly dead with power cycling..

Nov 23, 2020
First you should Troubleshoot basic errors like.. Cleaning RAM slot, Cleaning Power connectors.. Cleaning GPU... Clearing BIOS.. and then if your PC didn't boot.. then you should consider something else wrong..

And CPU won't die like this.. they just go instantly dead with power cycling..
Ya I have cleaned everything had the air gun in there no a spec of dust in it, I have plugged the hdmi into the motherboard aswell and still no picture so I'm guessing it could be the mobo now

Nov 23, 2020
What kind of issues are you facing? Power cycling or blank screen.. have you tried removing CMOS battery?? Try this.. also..
Just no bios coming up, have removed battery for awhile and even seen a YouTube video to use paper clip to touch the two cmos pins on the motherboard to reset but nothing from that either, as it stands all thats in my computer is the cpu thr mobo and 1 stick of ram, and all that's connect is the 24pin to the motherboard and power to the cpu

Just no bios coming up, have removed battery for awhile and even seen a YouTube video to use paper clip to touch the two cmos pins on the motherboard to reset but nothing from that either, as it stands all thats in my computer is the cpu thr mobo and 1 stick of ram, and all that's connect is the 24pin to the motherboard and power to the cpu
Try to reseat the CPU, try to boot without any Drives plugged in.. try without GPU installed.. and if you have multimeter.. test your PSU voltages at the output..

Nov 23, 2020
I still have had no luck this week bought a new heatsink but that didn't solve it, been searching Google for days now, but something I have noticed and read a little it about is that my dram led light is on? It goes from cpu led for 1second then stays on dram led

Nov 23, 2020
Motherboard :Rog Strix 8360 H gaming
Cooler : msi core frozer xl
Cpu : i7 6700
Ram : 16gb 2x8gb of Corsair 2400mhz and another 16gb of 2x8gb hyper x
SSD: intel 240gb
M.2 : 256gb WD
Psu : 750w
Gpu : Rtx 2070 Super

The motherboard appears to be working if it shows debugging LED lights.
If the DRAM LED light is one, then it is either the RAM, CPU or a RAM socket.

Power of the system, turn off PSU.
Remove the CMOS battery ...wait 5 minutes and place the CMOS battery back.
Remove the RTX 2070.
Place only a RAM module on socket A2 (4th from CPU).
Connect your display cable to the back of the on the motherboard.
Power the PC and see if you are able to enter the BIOS.

Try the above steps with each RAM module if unsuccessful.
If successful then place the other matching RAM module on socket B2 (2nd from CPU)

If you all tried all RAM modules on socket A2 (4th from CPU) and the issue remain, try other RAM sockets.

Nov 23, 2020
The motherboard appears to be working if it shows debugging LED lights.
If the DRAM LED light is one, then it is either the RAM, CPU or a RAM socket.

Power of the system, turn off PSU.
Remove the CMOS battery ...wait 5 minutes and place the CMOS battery back.
Remove the RTX 2070.
Place only a RAM module on socket A2 (4th from CPU).
Connect your display cable to the back of the on the motherboard.
Power the PC and see if you are able to enter the BIOS.

Try the above steps with each RAM module if unsuccessful.
If successful then place the other matching RAM module on socket B2 (2nd from CPU)

If you all tried all RAM modules on socket A2 (4th from CPU) and the issue remain, try other RAM sockets.

thanks for the reply, so i have tried everything its a brand new mobo so its cant be that, when theres no ram put in the cpu light on the motherboard is lit up,when i put a stick of ram in the 4th from the cpu then the dram light comes on?

Nov 23, 2020
thanks for the reply, so i have tried everything its a brand new mobo so its cant be that, when theres no ram put in the cpu light on the motherboard is lit up,when i put a stick of ram in the 4th from the cpu then the dram light comes on?

also i read somewhere that if i take out everything including the cpu then it still should beep?

Moving the motherboard back and forth could have damaged or dislocated something.
Going thru each step might narrowed it down.
I don't think, you tried the steps using each RAM module. You posted right back and I have done that and it does take a bit longer.
Have you done a visual inspection of the motherboard CPU and RAM sockets for bent pins.

Nov 23, 2020
Its been nearly 2/3 weeks since it crashed i have tried every piece of ram several times in each different slot, its even been into a computer store which was no help what so ever I eventually took it back off them after 3 days cause they could understand it either they tried different ram and new psu....my motherboard is brand new so there no pins bend in the ram sockets, a week or so before it crashed I was getting some overheating warnings so I then changed the heatsink and got it working then a few days later finally crashed maybe the damaged had been done? I have a new i7 coming either tomorrow or Wednesday so at least I'll know for sure then because that will be a brand new cpu and mobo and heatsink so surely would have to be ram then, but im hoping its the cpu seen as a new one is coming

Nov 23, 2020
I have had them ram in now for over a year and never any issues...I rang about my cpu there and will definitely be here tomorrow so I will let you know if that's it, but I will look for all similar ram cause I dont want anything else to go wrong