Feb 25, 2022
Hey everyone!
I just got the last part for my pc that I have been using old ram on for a week or so. It is corsair’s vengeance rgb pro sl 32gb 3200hz kit. (4x8) I swapped out the old ram (corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 and now the computer wont post. The mobo has an orange light next to where it says dram. The pc boots right into bios with the old ram no problem. I disabled xmp and have tried reseting the cmos. All rgb fans spin and light up and the ram lights up as well. Please help!

specs:

mobo: ASUS prime z490-a

cpu: 10700k

gpu: evga rtx 3050 gaming

ram: corsair 32gb vengeance rgb pro sl

Psu : coolermaster sfx gold 750w

it booted fine, what should I do to get the other two sticks in there?
Both pairs work? (this is to make sure all sticks work)
Then with one pair in go to BIOS, enable XMP, save and exit. See if it starts ok; if it does shut it down, power off and add remaining sticks. If it boot loops at this point let it do so for a while, might need that to set up properly. If it fails anyway, you need to go back to 2 sticks and increase voltage a bit, then repeat the process of adding sticks.

Feb 25, 2022
Both pairs work? (this is to make sure all sticks work)
Then with one pair in go to BIOS, enable XMP, save and exit. See if it starts ok; if it does shut it down, power off and add remaining sticks. If it boot loops at this point let it do so for a while, might need that to set up properly. If it fails anyway, you need to go back to 2 sticks and increase voltage a bit, then repeat the process of adding sticks.
Both pairs work on their own and with one pair in I was able to access bios and enable XMP. Just added the remaining sticks and we are back to square one. I am going to go back to two sticks and try and raise the voltage, how much voltage should I add?

Both pairs work on their own and with one pair in I was able to access bios and enable XMP. Just added the remaining sticks and we are back to square one. I am going to go back to two sticks and try and raise the voltage, how much voltage should I add?
According to specs it should have 1.35 V with XMP. If that's not enough try upping in 0.01 V steps but no higher then 1.4 V.

Feb 25, 2022
According to specs it should have 1.35 V with XMP. If that's not enough try upping in 0.01 V steps but no higher then 1.4 V.
Didn’t work. Light still stuck on orange dram. On 1.3500v the light switched between red cpu and orange dram a couple time though. Still able to post with only two sticks in.

Last edited: