Question PC won't power or respond to peripherals.

Oct 5, 2024
Graphics card: ASUS RX 6600
Motherboard: ASUS h-510ma
CPU: Intel I7-10700f
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 2x8gb
PSU: EVGA 600 BR
Since this morning, my PC has been unable to power any of my peripherals for more than 3 seconds. I plug in my keyboard and it lights up for a moment and then goes dark. Nothing else lights up at all. My monitor is constantly reporting "No signal". Headset is silent (no beeping).

Things I've tried:
  • Turning it off and on again
  • Changing the port and circuit the power cable is plugged into
  • Trying the peripherals on a different device
  • Reseating the RAM sticks
  • Taking out one stick at a time
  • Probing the PSU
  • Checking the CPU fan header
  • Removing the CMOS battery and putting it back in
  • Touching the graphics card heatsink to see if it's on (it was slightly warm)
The case fans and PSU fans are spinning, though the graphics card's fan isn't. I suspect this is due to the "0 RPM" feature of card and not a symptom of the problem.

I should also note that I have had PSU problems in the past causing peripherals to get fried, but I've since RMA'd the power supply and not had any problems. It also doesn't appear to be a PSU issue given that all the pin voltages are within the nominal range.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: EVGA 600 BR
How old is the PSU in your build?

I should also note that I have had PSU problems in the past causing peripherals to get fried, but I've since RMA'd the power supply and not had any problems. It also doesn't appear to be a PSU issue given that all the pin voltages are within the nominal range.
You should source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU with at least 650W of power to the entire PC's disposal and see if the issue persists.