Tom_SideWindeR

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2016
Hello,

Today I got a BSoD driver irql not equal or less. After the message, I can't boot up the pc. It happened while playing Guild Wars, which is a 15 year old game so not very heavy on the hardware, I think.

Here are my specs:
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 WRAITH with stock cooler
be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600W
Gigabyte 515GB SSD
Asus GeForce GTX 1060 3g
8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400MHz DDR4
Windows 10 Home
Build is approx. 2 months old, haven't had this issue yet.

When trying to turn the pc on, the debug light for CPU turns on on the motherboard. After a few seconds, it turns back off and all the fans start spinning slower (less noise).
I can't get into Bios.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Unplug your hardrive and see if it gose to the Bios if not would suggest thinking about taking some parts back to shop and get an replacement or RMA them because most likely you got blue screen of death and one of your parts carused it! Without the error message going to be hard to find out what part done it!

vcc98554vn

Great
Apr 18, 2020
What do you suggest I do now?
Since the parts are all fairly new, should I try to get replacements from the shop I bought them?
Is there any way to identify which of the 3 is busted?
its hard man , if you have the testing card it will report some code and you can find which is fautly but only engineer have it , user hard to find
try ram replacement first mobo after that may be it can fix your probelm

Reactions: Tom_SideWindeR

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Hello,

Today I got a BSoD driver irql not equal or less. After the message, I can't boot up the pc. It happened while playing Guild Wars, which is a 15 year old game so not very heavy on the hardware, I think.

Here are my specs:
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 WRAITH with stock cooler
be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600W
Gigabyte 515GB SSD
Asus GeForce GTX 1060 3g
8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400MHz DDR4
Windows 10 Home
Build is approx. 2 months old, haven't had this issue yet.

When trying to turn the pc on, the debug light for CPU turns on on the motherboard. After a few seconds, it turns back off and all the fans start spinning slower (less noise).
I can't get into Bios.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
be quiet! makes some OK cooler - had no idea they sold power supplies as well - one area to NEVER skimp on is the power supply - the power supply is the single most important component in your PC

Not booting, can't get into BIOS - motherboard was failing - caused BSOD, reset finished killing it off - won't boot can't get into BIOS...

Would bet on motherboard failed - dead. Could be the CPU - or a combination of both - unless you have another compatible motherboard and or CPU this one will be tough to narrow down.

Reactions: Tom_SideWindeR

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Unplug your hardrive and see if it gose to the Bios if not would suggest thinking about taking some parts back to shop and get an replacement or RMA them because most likely you got blue screen of death and one of your parts carused it! Without the error message going to be hard to find out what part done it!
BIOS initializes before the hard drives - so if he can't get into the bios, then the drives are not initialized yet.

Tom_SideWindeR

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2016
Quick update:

I returned the CPU to the seller, they confirmed it was broken, sent me a new one which I installed today. I still get the same issue. Does this mean the motherboard is faulty?

Thanks again!