PC wont turn off after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2019
My pc will turn on without any problem but when I hold down the power button or do a shutdown through windows the pc will turn off but Fans (running at full power), lights, GPU, CPU cooler continue to run. Pressing the power button again or holding it will just turn the computer on. also there appears to be this cable that I haven't seen before that is connected to the front I/O panel and I am now unsure if that may be causing any issues
I have reset the cmos, unplugged the ssd that had windows on it but it would still continue to do it, replugged in the Front I/O connections onto the motherboard, switched out new psu with old one that I knew was working, and checked for nay updates but dont appear to be anything.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

PC PARTS
CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card
Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11DW ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home

Jan 6, 2019

I have not, dumb question but how would I go about doing this?

You have a modern motherboard, I don't use Gigabyte so I am unsure.
Please refer to your manual but in general you do this
Boot up into BIOS
There will be a tab that says Bios Update
You normally click it, and then the BIOS downloads and updates your system.
PLEASE READ THE MANUAL BEFORE YOU DO IT AS IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET IT DONE CORRECTLY

Jan 6, 2019

I flashed the bios but that did not work unfortunately.

Jan 6, 2019

Wnet through mb manual and didn't find anything that would cause that in power settings in bios, anything that may have caused it has been disabled in power settings and its still going. I don't know if this helps but when I "shut it down" the cpu light is on.

Are you sure none of the buttons to the case are wrong?
My computer takes an unsual long time to shutdown and I can't work out why, but I mean about 30-45 seconds. It does shutdown, but starts up in about 15 seconds.
I do remember an old computer having problems when shutting down and it was something that was not working correctly.

Have you tried booting into Windows Safemode then shutting down from there. Safemode uses different drivers etc, so maybe it is just a windows thing.

Jan 6, 2019

it doesn't appear to be, I went through and replugged all the front I/O connectors to the mb but it didn't change anything. there is one cable that I couldn't find on the mb but my only guess is that it is for the usb c port on it because the cable leads right to the usb c front I/O. Ive also left it on for about 10 minutes to see if it would shut own but it keeps going.

https://imgur.com/a/gf3rNOP

I also did safe mode but it didn't work. I also took out the ssd to see if it would still do it and it still does.

Status
Not open for further replies.