[SOLVED] PC wont turn on properly

Jan 21, 2021
Hello. I have been having this problem with my pc where my monitor shows a no signal display when the pc turns on, everything is on (fans, pc, keyboard, and the mouse), except for my monitor, and the only way to have it on is if I turn off my pc manually by holding the power button, and then turning it on again, the problem went away after I bought a new Displayport but it recently started to happen again
Just to emphazise, this ONLY happens when I turn off my pc by shutting it down normally through windows, as I stated before this problem went completely away when I got a better DP

Edi: specs
rtx 2070 super
ryzen 5 3600
monitor: aoc24g2
PSU: EVGA 650 g3 supernova
B450 tomahawk max

Last edited:
Solution
the cable
Ah! Gotcha.
Well then....if you replaced it....and that took care of the problem for a little while....I wouldn't be replacing the power supply just yet.

Have you tried powering down and reseating the cable?

...and if that doesn't work...I might even try another cable.

It MAY ALSO be something with the jacks you plug the cable into.

I would also try another monitor.
Jan 21, 2021
What do you mean when you say you bought a new display port?
I made a post last month about this exact problem and someone with the same issue suggested getting a new displayport, so I bought a new one and ever since using it I did not have this problem until yesterday.

the cable
Ah! Gotcha.
Well then....if you replaced it....and that took care of the problem for a little while....I wouldn't be replacing the power supply just yet.

Have you tried powering down and reseating the cable?

...and if that doesn't work...I might even try another cable.

It MAY ALSO be something with the jacks you plug the cable into.

I would also try another monitor.

Solution
Jan 21, 2021
I have tried powering down and reseating the cable, I could try using my old cable to see if it works. Unfortunately I do not have another monitor to try as this is my first my pc and only a year old

I have tried powering down and reseating the cable, I could try using my old cable to see if it works. Unfortunately I do not have another monitor to try as this is my first my pc and only a year old
Well...if changing the cable did indeed fix it for a while....I would be concentrating on that.
Even if you can borrow a monitor from someone for a little while....that would at least let you know if it's the monitor or not.