[SOLVED] PCI-E Upgrade

Wedod2

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
I currently have a Rosewill RNX-N150PCe v2, but it does not support 5Ghz.

My router is Eero B010011, although I would like a card that is as broadly compatible as possible.

My only requirements are that the new card be dual band (bt would just be a plus) and relatively inexpensive (<$50).

Some cards I am currently looking at are TP AC1200/1300, FebSmart AC1200/85BT, and MSI AC905C.

Which would be the best upgrade, or is there a better card I haven't considered? I am wary of the TP-Link cards as I've heard about problems with wifi compatibility.

Thanks!

Solution
I am wary of the TP-Link cards as I've heard about problems with wifi compatibility.

^^THIS^^

I would stay away from their adapters, routers etc, as I have tried several of them over the last 2 years and had nothing but problems, until I switched to Asus adapters & Netgear routers, then nevernottaproblemo since......

Something some folks forget is to check who actually supplies the chips that the adapters are built around. When it comes to wifi/BT cards, Intel & Broadcom are 2 of the best, most reliable ones out there, although they are usually a few moar $$ than the off-brands, which IMHO, is well worth it to avoid slow, dropped or flaky connections :)

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
I am wary of the TP-Link cards as I've heard about problems with wifi compatibility.

^^THIS^^

I would stay away from their adapters, routers etc, as I have tried several of them over the last 2 years and had nothing but problems, until I switched to Asus adapters & Netgear routers, then nevernottaproblemo since......

Something some folks forget is to check who actually supplies the chips that the adapters are built around. When it comes to wifi/BT cards, Intel & Broadcom are 2 of the best, most reliable ones out there, although they are usually a few moar $$ than the off-brands, which IMHO, is well worth it to avoid slow, dropped or flaky connections :)

Solution