Question PCs B Channel Dimm slots cause pc to not post

Mar 16, 2023
I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure out this issue and this is all I've got. This build will turn on but will not give any post or signal if there is ram in any B channel slot even if its only one stick however if there are 1 or 2 sticks in the A channel slots it works completely fine. I've tried everything from updating and rolling back the bios all the way to reseating my CPU and checking for bent pins. The specs in this pc are a ryzen 7 3700x, 16gb of 3600 Gskill ram, a gigabyte x570 aorus elite wifi, a MSI 2070, and a 700 watt power supply from EVGA. The only things ive brought this down to it possibly being are the motherboard and the CPU. I've got no idea what to do next.

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
As you've already guessed, it's either the CPU or the mobo. Difficult to tell which one until you swap in a new component.

Is this an existing system where one channel failed recently, or a brand new build?

The cheaper option is to fit a different CPU. If the fault persists, you'll have to change the mobo.

Mar 16, 2023
As you've already guessed, it's either the CPU or the mobo. Difficult to tell which one until you swap in a new component.

Is this an existing system where one channel failed recently, or a brand new build?

The cheaper option is to fit a different CPU. If the fault persists, you'll have to change the mobo.
This is a brand new build, I built it just for the fun with the intention of selling it and ran into this. I think a new CPU first definitely might be the right move.

Mar 16, 2023
Could just be bent pins on the cpu. Maybe worth pulling it and checking before ordering/returning parts.
had the very exact same first thought! picked it up and looked and saw nothing, even checked the cpu socket and it looked completely fine :/