[SOLVED] Pc's motherboard Beeps twice but turns on and no errors are shown ?

Mar 1, 2021
Hello my friends,
I am a computer repairer, and sometimes my friends bring me some computers so that I fix them, but yesterday a friend of mine gave me a unit that had a faulty RAM stick, bought a new DDR3 "First Tech" 4Gb @1333 MHz then plugged it in the motherboard, when I press the power button, it beeps twice " Beep...(1 or 2seconds) Beep" but I have a signal in the screen and windows boots up with no error messages ... All what I am using with the pc is a mouse and a keyboard, if I unplug them it doesn't change a thing.
What is the issue and what makes the motherboard beeps twice if after it, it's just boots fine??
The motherboard is a "MSI G41M-p33 Combo" with a broken ram support (it is a 2 DDR2 AND 2 DDR3 capable, but one of the two DDR3 ram supports is broken (just the little thing that locks the stick) so I plugged my RAM in the second one that is fine)
Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see what BIOS version you currently have for your current platform. With that in mind, if you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest BIOS version. If the beeps don't disappear after the BIOS update, see if clearing the CMOS helps. If that doesn't help, source another know working branded stick of ram for the motherboard and see if the beeps end.

When you get POST, can you take note of what BIOS you have? AMI, AWARD? From memory, it should be AMI. You can look here for the beep code reference.

Reactions: Xelros31
Mar 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see what BIOS version you currently have for your current platform. With that in mind, if you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest BIOS version. If the beeps don't disappear after the BIOS update, see if clearing the CMOS helps. If that doesn't help, source another know working branded stick of ram for the motherboard and see if the beeps end.

When you get POST, can you take note of what BIOS you have? AMI, AWARD? From memory, it should be AMI. You can look here for the beep code reference.
Thank you my friend !
It's an AMI bios, okey I will try to do the update thanks for your help 😁 I'll get you up to date about it

Mar 1, 2021
Hello there !
Sorry for my late reply, I'm in exams period..
so, I Did the bios update, but nothing changed : the beeping noise is still here, so I decided to give back to the owner and I adviced him to change the motherboard for good (it's an old motherboard so it's okey I guess, she arrived at her last period of her life lol)
I found this on the MSI forums :
"2 short beeps - Parity circuit failure"
So I think it's calling for death already..
Thanks for your help my friends, and have a wonderful day / night 😁