[SOLVED] Performance issue after BSOD

Jun 12, 2022
hey I got BSOD yesterday after which I'm getting screen freezes when doing anything, explorer , Firefox, gaming .... I'm also getting low FPS compared to before
STOP CODE : KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
These are the pictures

this the the dump file
my specs:
acer predator helios 300
i7-10870h
RTX 3060 laptop
32GB ram

Solution
google how to force a windows memory dump using the keyboard, make the registry settings, Change the memory dump type to kernel

(if the problem has anything to do with 32 bit games, then you will need to create a full memory dump, it will make a very large file but you can compress it)

run cmd.exe as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

reboot, go into bios and reset the bios to defaults or change any setting and change it back and save settings.

The next time the system is running slow/strange use the keyboard to force a memory dump. then copy c:\windows\memory.dmp to a cloud server, share the file for public access and post a link.
Jun 12, 2022
the device that reported the error was the intel thermal subsystem.
vendor=8086 = intel
device = 1903 =
Processor Thermal Subsystem

maybe some overheating issue? overheated system trying to downclock the cpu to prevent heat?
but am I still facing performance issues? and I don't think CPU was hot as I was on balanced power mode, max speed 2.2Ghz & max temp in those speed goes to 62, which is very cool for laptops

try update the bios, and motherboard drivers.
remove any overclock drivers and see if you still get a bugcheck.
if you do, put the minidump on a cloud server, share it for public access and post a link.
you might also check intel for driver updates:
Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

be sure to update any motherboard sound driver, they can mess up the GPU sound support and crash GPU drivers.

Reactions: GoutamKUN
Jun 12, 2022
try update the bios, and motherboard drivers.
remove any overclock drivers and see if you still get a bugcheck.
if you do, put the minidump on a cloud server, share it for public access and post a link.
you might also check intel for driver updates:
Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

be sure to update any motherboard sound driver, they can mess up the GPU sound support and crash GPU drivers.
everything is up to date, i haven't received any BSOD, just performance issues, thinking of reset.

verifier was turned on and found a bug in
vgk.sys
basically it unloaded without freeing up it kernel memory objects
(memory leak)

I could not see the size of the allocation but it looked like one block.
would need to have a kernel dump to look at the block.

looks like a relative minor bug. I would exclude the driver from verifier so you can continue testing.
verifier.exe /driver.exclude vgk.sys
(should be the command that skips testing this driver)

rebooting would free up the leaked memory pool.

verifier.exe /reset
will turn off all verifier testing.
note: your system will run slowly while running verifier testing. each driver memory block will be tested for common errors (takes a lot of overhead)

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022
vgk.sys = Vanguard = Valorant
I suggested he remove Valorant and see if it still crashes.
I pointed him here from Discord. He in good hands :)

He was about to do a reset, he might have still.
sorry i was unavailable, I uninstalled valo & still performance problems ....

google how to force a windows memory dump using the keyboard, make the registry settings, Change the memory dump type to kernel

(if the problem has anything to do with 32 bit games, then you will need to create a full memory dump, it will make a very large file but you can compress it)

reboot, go into bios and reset the bios to defaults or change any setting and change it back and save settings.

The next time the system is running slow/strange use the keyboard to force a memory dump. then copy c:\windows\memory.dmp to a cloud server, share the file for public access and post a link.

Solution
Jun 12, 2022

ok

C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard\vgk.sys Fri Jun 3 09:55:28 2022
it tried to access a invalid memory (address 0)

any idea what this driver is for"
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\108B.sys

also remove this overclock driver until you figure out the bugcheck:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iocbios2.sys Mon Sep 16 14:12:27 2019
semav6msr64.sys is this a CAD driver?

Jun 12, 2022
C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard\vgk.sys Fri Jun 3 09:55:28 2022
it tried to access a invalid memory (address 0)

any idea what this driver is for"
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\108B.sys

also remove this overclock driver until you figure out the bugcheck:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iocbios2.sys Mon Sep 16 14:12:27 2019
semav6msr64.sys is this a CAD driver?
can't understand a lot of stuff

Jun 12, 2022
the bugcheck was caused by your game driver vgk.sys
accessing a invalid memory address. I could not tell what messed up the game driver. most of the time the driver corrupts its own data but sometimes other drivers will overwrite data belonging to another driver. That is why I was looking at the other drivers you have installed on the system
I tried restoring to old points but that didn't help, i didn't get another BSOD but I do see performance issues, i used to get 300FPS now I only get 100-130

I talked to microsoft support they are saying that my GPU is failing
I talked to microsoft support they are saying that my GPU is failing
just because you get a bugcheck in a graphics routine does not mean that your graphics hardware it the fault.

your game driver could be the fault
your overclock driver could be the fault
your sound driver could be the fault.
Your gpu could be overheating
your psu could be overheating.

all we saw in the memory dump was a 3rd party game driver accessed a bad memory address and bugchecked.
reverting to a older image and having it work would indicate a device driver issue rather than a hardware issue.

a latency issue can point to device driver problems.