[SOLVED] Performance issues in newer games

Mar 10, 2022
Hello,
I've always got no problems with any games in terms of FPS, like steel division, witcher 3. etc.. (always about 60 fps) But I recently bought a game called Post Scriptum which I tought will be fun.. But after I started playing it, it became a nightmare.. I have contstantly under 20 FPS on lowest details.. I dont know why, because other games are no problem for my pc (dont know about a really new games, because I dont play them.. Could someone please tell me if its time to upgrade my pc? And what specific component to upgrade? Its like 4-5 years old.. Thanks in advance..

Here are my specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Summit Ridge 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1333MHz (18-17-17-36)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd B350 TOMAHAWK (MS-7A34) (AM4)
Graphics
2460G5 (1920x1080@60Hz)
Acer K222HQL (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (MSI)
Storage
223GB KINGSTON SA400S37240G (SATA-2 (SSD))
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0 (SATA)

Last edited:
Solution
You're GPU is well above recommended requirements for Post Scriptum , but your CPU is barely above minimum requirements for it. Plus your RAM at 1333 speed is well below what you need to run an older gen Ryzen CPU at it's best, (3200 speed recommended). Check to see if XMP is on in Bios though!!!

Since I've read that MB doesn't have great VRM cooling, a good option might be a Ryzen 5 3600 and a G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3200 RAM kit. This would keep your CPU output at 65w, and would push you a bit past recommended requirements. Just don't forget to enable XMP for the RAM in the MB Bios, or it won't run at the rated speed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07STGGQ18?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1...
You're GPU is well above recommended requirements for Post Scriptum , but your CPU is barely above minimum requirements for it. Plus your RAM at 1333 speed is well below what you need to run an older gen Ryzen CPU at it's best, (3200 speed recommended). Check to see if XMP is on in Bios though!!!

Since I've read that MB doesn't have great VRM cooling, a good option might be a Ryzen 5 3600 and a G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3200 RAM kit. This would keep your CPU output at 65w, and would push you a bit past recommended requirements. Just don't forget to enable XMP for the RAM in the MB Bios, or it won't run at the rated speed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07STGGQ18?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Comes to about $316, however the above suggestions are under the assumption you live in the US. You really should state what country when asking for such help.

That said, I don't know much about Post Scriptum, and can't find much info about it, so I'm not 100% sure it will completely fix the problem.

However, after watching this, I'm more confident it will fix the problem, as the i5 8400 CPU used here is only 3% faster than an R5 3600, and the GPU and RAM are basically the same.

As I said though, check to see if XMP is on in your Bios, as I'm not completely sure the RAM you're using is only rated at 1333. Being listed as "unknown", and having a 18 vs 16 CAS latency, often means it's slow generic RAM though.

Another thing to note is if you eventually decide to play more graphically intense games, and feel a need to OC the CPU, it would then be a good idea to get a better cooler for it. The Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B cooler is one of the best budget coolers for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYB8K77?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Note that your case width needs to allow a minimum of 155mm between the back of the CPU and the inside of your left case panel for this cooler to fit, as it has a height of 154.5mm. You may also want to see what your temps with the stock cooler are before deciding on this cooler. The case you have and how roomy and ventilated it is makes a huge difference on whether it will be necessary.

Last edited:
Solution