Question Phenom II x6 1055t & GTX 980ti

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
Hey all.... I got a great deal on a GTX 980ti to replace my Asus Radeon HD 6670. I plan on building a new system within the next couple of months but I just want to know how bad my current CPU will handle this newer card. I only play Diablo 3 RoS and stream YouTube, Crunchyroll, & HBO. Thanks everyone!

What does memory controller capacity have to do with overall performance, except in rare cases where the memory limits of your GPU are exceeded?

That being said, a Phenom II x6 1055t is not a super fast performer, wasn't even when it was new, and will definitely leave a lot of the 980 Ti's performance on the table. However, since all you're asking from your system is that it stream some online content and play Diablo III : RoS, and the requirements for that game seem comparatively low, you should be more than fine until you put together your new system. Also, if you're running a 60 Hz display, there's a good possibility that you won't even be missing any of the extra performance that you won't be achieving in games by using the older CPU.