[SOLVED] Phone does not recognize network bridge?

Aug 15, 2020
I set up a network bridge using this article. I got it set up properly, though now my samsung s8 does not recognize it at all. It just charges, thats it.
On my phone, all i did was turn on 'USB Tethering' so it shows up in the networks so i could connect it to a bridge.
Am i missing something? Can someone help?
(I basically need my pc ethernet to give off a wifi signal, but because my motherboard doesn't support wifi i can do it using my phone i heard)

Solution
I set up a network bridge using this article. I got it set up properly, though now my samsung s8 does not recognize it at all. It just charges, thats it.
On my phone, all i did was turn on 'USB Tethering' so it shows up in the networks so i could connect it to a bridge.
(I basically need my pc ethernet to give off a wifi signal, but because my motherboard doesn't support wifi i can do it using my phone i heard)

What are you trying to get to work, why are you trying to share the network from your PC instead of just using your router WiFi? Why not use your router? Would help if you provided some details about what you want to do. You are starting the question on the middle and it...
Sorry I am having trouble reading this so I will give you options from the 2 angles sorry;

1. You have a PC, a hotspot, and another device (with ethernet) that you want to connect
  • You may need to create a virtual ethernet adapter
  • Connect your phone to your pc, turn on USB tethering (you will need to enable developer mode and turn on USB debugging)
  • Download portable dhcp server https://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/download/
  • Set up
  • Connect your DEVICE WITH ETHERNET to the PC and go to the virtual adapter - enable internet sharing and give access to ETHERNET - the device is connected to

Done

2. You have no wifi, and want to get the internet to your PC
- Connect your phone to your pc, turn on USB tethering (you will need to enable developer mode and turn on USB debugging)

What are you trying to get to work, why are you trying to share the network from your PC instead of just using your router WiFi? Why not use your router? Would help if you provided some details about what you want to do. You are starting the question on the middle and it sounds like you are trying to do something that won't work or is much more complex than is needed. You can buy a WiFi card for your computer if you are trying to connect it that way, much simpler than doing whatever you are trying to do with your phone.

Solution