jelardz2000

Reputable
Aug 6, 2018
Hello, I have been torn on wether I should buy the B450 aorus pro (non wifi). It has All the features I need.

Only thing that makes me not want to buy it is because i have seen some reviews online saying that the aorus pro and wifi doesn't last past a month and all kinds of RAM issues and not to mention their craptastic software. This is a major deal breaker for me like for anyone that wants something to last for years to come.

Now I'm wondering what has been your experience with this board? To those who have it and have had it for years or more. Did it give you any headaches? Problems? Or anything really that makes you wish that you never bought it.

My planned setup upgrade is going to be
•Ryzen 5 3600
•Kingston 8gb 2866mhz ram
•B450 aorus pro (or maybe tomahawk max if the aorus really isn't reliable)

Edit: Aorus RGB software is really bad from what I read. And it can literally brick a hard drive if you get unlucky with their software. that's a massive deal breaker cause I plan on using rgb with my build. Any thoughts or say About their buggy software??

Any experience shared is much appreciated

Last edited:

dutty handz

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015
Hello, I have been torn on wether I should buy the B450 aorus pro (non wifi). It has All the features I need.

Only thing that makes me not want to buy it is because i have seen some reviews online saying that the aorus pro and wifi doesn't last past a month and all kinds of RAM issues and BIOS upgrading related issues, and even a Dead on arrival Motherboard. This is a major deal breaker for me like for anyone that wants something to last for years to come.

Now I'm wondering what has been your experience with this board? To those who have it and have had it for years or more. Did it give you any headaches? Problems? Or anything really that makes you wish that you never bought it.

My planned setup upgrade is going to be
•Ryzen 5 3600
•Kingston 8gb 2866mhz ram
•B450 aorus pro (or maybe tomahawk max if the aorus really isn't reliable)

Any experience shared is much appreciated

P.S this is really just the best board option I have rn because my country has a bad selection of b450 boards online. And I found this at reasonable price
My personnal take here : Gigabyte BIOS are a pain in the back to work with. Coming from a 3 time Gigabyte power user since 2012. Switched to Asus boards earlier this year and never going with Gigabyte again.

Reactions: jelardz2000

jelardz2000

Reputable
Aug 6, 2018
You are reading junk reviews.

I also read about how junk their RGB software is. I'm planning to use RGB and I'm thinking of changing motherboard brand because of this.

The horror stories about RGB fusion deleting and killing hard drives is scary and a great risk to take.

Il prolly end up buying a B450-f Gaming 2 from Asus and buy a tray type 3600.

But idk I haven't used gigabyte software yet

USAFRet

Titan
I also read about how junk their RGB software is. I'm planning to use RGB and I'm thinking of changing motherboard brand because of this.

The horror stories about RGB fusion deleting and killing hard drives is scary and a great risk to take.

Il prolly end up buying a B450-f Gaming 2 from Asus and buy a tray type 3600.

But idk I haven't used gigabyte software yet
The RGB subsystem is killing hard drives?

Yeah, we're going to have to see a link to what you're talking about.

jelardz2000

Reputable
Aug 6, 2018
The RGB subsystem is killing hard drives?

Yeah, we're going to have to see a link to what you're talking about.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/btx4s7/rgb_fusion_20_i_think_almost_killed_my_storage/

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/f59frj/rgb_fusion_of_death/

https://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/7163/z390-master-rgb-fusion-shutdown

these are what i found that i could recall. RGB fusion is bugged so bad. If i decide to still go with the Aorus pro, i might just use the bios
RGB fusion instead of the hardware to avoid any trouble. but that greatly limits my Argb capabilities.