Question Please help! Getting progressively worse

dmk1701

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hi,

I want to preface my post by stating that I am not particularly knowledgeable at all when it comes to PC hardware and software. I simply bought components and followed a tutorial on youtube to build my PC. I have little or no understanding beyond that.

CURRENT SETUP:
Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3070 Ti, B550 Mortar Wifi MB, 32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance, Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler, Corsair RMX 850 PSU. Also using two SSD's with 2tb each plus a 2TB hard drive. Using 6 Corsair fans as well.

WHAT HAPPENED:
A few weeks back I had left my PC in sleep mode for several hours a few times and noticed that when I switched it back on one of the RGB lights in one of the fans was dim. I feel like leaving the PC in sleep mode for extended periods was the trigger for the problems I am about to describe but it could be merely coincidental. Sometimes it would be dim sometimes it wouldn't. I assumed the fan itself was faulty and changed but same issue. Then, gradually over the next few weeks more fans dimmed and some would fail to light at all. They were all still spinning and working correctly, only the RGB was an issue. I swapped them around to see if it would do anything but the same fan positions would stay dim or unlit regardless. I got a commander core XT and stopped using the case's RGB hub, same problem. Here is how RGB now currently looks. Recently, my PC has now begun to restart by itself while gaming. Sometimes it won't reload windows, see pic here.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
I thought it was a PSU issue as I had a 750w PSU when the issue first started. Have upgraded to an 850w PSU and no change, therefore, I assume PSU is not the issue. I have updated my BIOS as well. So far, that's all I've done because I'm not sure what to try next. My CPU and GPU temps seem normal so I don't think overheating is the cause.

EDIT:
I use iCue software and a lighting profile I downloaded externally a few years ago. When my PC is locked the RGB colour changes and 2 fans light up which are completely dimmed when the PC is operating.

EVENT VIEWER:
There are currently these errors showing in event viewer

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or other types of troubleshooting I can do

Thank you!

Last edited:

dmk1701

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020
Hi,

I want to preface my post by stating that I am not particularly knowledgeable at all when it comes to PC hardware and software. I simply bought components and followed a tutorial on youtube to build my PC. I have little or no understanding beyond that.

CURRENT SETUP:
Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3070 Ti, B550 Mortar Wifi MB, 32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance, Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler, Corsair RMX 850 PSU. Also using two SSD's with 2tb each plus a 2TB hard drive. Using 6 Corsair fans as well.

WHAT HAPPENED:
A few weeks back I had left my PC in sleep mode for several hours a few times and noticed that when I switched it back on one of the RGB lights in one of the fans was dim. I feel like leaving the PC in sleep mode for extended periods was the trigger for the problems I am about to describe but it could be merely coincidental. Sometimes it would be dim sometimes it wouldn't. I assumed the fan itself was faulty and changed but same issue. Then, gradually over the next few weeks more fans dimmed and some would fail to light at all. They were all still spinning and working correctly, only the RGB was an issue. I swapped them around to see if it would do anything but the same fan positions would stay dim or unlit regardless. I got a commander core XT and stopped using the case's RGB hub, same problem. Here is how RGB now currently looks. Recently, my PC has now begun to restart by itself while gaming. Sometimes it won't reload windows, see pic here.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
I thought it was a PSU issue as I had a 750w PSU when the issue first started. Have upgraded to an 850w PSU and no change, therefore, I assume PSU is not the issue. I have updated my BIOS as well. So far, that's all I've done because I'm not sure what to try next. My CPU and GPU temps seem normal so I don't think overheating is the cause.

EDIT:
I use iCue software and a lighting profile I downloaded externally a few years ago. When my PC is locked the RGB colour changes and 2 fans light up which are completely dimmed when the PC is operating.

EVENT VIEWER:
There are currently these errors showing in event viewer

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or other types of troubleshooting I can do

Thank you!