Question Please suggest some good, free video-editing software for Windows

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015
Hi, please suggest me a good free video editing software for windows in which i can put multiple markers on a video(audio included) so that i can easily remember important parts to take/edit from a video. by markers i meant something to mark certain portion on a video during editing, suppose i have an 5 min video from which i need to remove unwanted portions and keep only important portions, so when i’m watching+listening the video on that software, i get first important portion 2min to2min30s , so i put 2 markers on 2min and 2m30s then i continue to watch next portion of video to find another important portion. like that i found 2 more important portions 3m-4m15s and 4m-4m25s, so i give 4 markers on those too. then using the software's a certain feature i can keep only marked regions and remove all other unimportant portions from that video easily by single/few clicks.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
There is no such thing as good and free. Either it is good but you have to pay for it. Or it is free and you'll miss out some features or it has other limitations.
So, the hard part is to juggle between the drawbacks of the free versions, including the learning curve.

This article should help you out: https://www.techradar.com/best/free-video-editing-software

Way back in the day (Win XP era), i used to use Windows Movie Maker. But as of now, it is both EOL and obsolete. Haven't looked anything to replace it, since haven't had much of a need for it.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015
There is no such thing as good and free. Either it is good but you have to pay for it. Or it is free and you'll miss out some features or it has other limitations.
So, the hard part is to juggle between the drawbacks of the free versions, including the learning curve.

This article should help you out: https://www.techradar.com/best/free-video-editing-software

Way back in the day (Win XP era), i used to use Windows Movie Maker. But as of now, it is both EOL and obsolete. Haven't looked anything to replace it, since haven't had much of a need for it.
my main goal is- i can put multiple markers on a video(audio included) so that i can easily remember important parts to take/edit from a video. by markers i meant something to mark certain portion on a video during editing, suppose i have an 5 min video from which i need to remove unwanted portions and keeps only important portions, so when i’m watching+listening the video on that software, i get first important portion 2min to2min30s , so i put 2 markers on 2min and 2m30s then i continue to watch next portion of video to find another important portion. like that i found 2 more important portions 3m-4m15s and 4m-4m25s, so i give 4 markers on those too. then using the software's a certain feature i can keep only marked regions and remove all other unimportant portions from that video easily by single/few clicks.