G

well...plextools with my 16\10\40 will not allow me to do any CD copies.....it only recognises the plex drive as source and recorder..failing to recognise my sony cd-rom as the source drive...also i noticed that the plex drive is recognised as adapter 1 ID 0 and the sony as adapter 0 ID 1....in the manual i noticed that this eversed in the diagram it shows...i mean concerning the cd-rom and the burner that is displayed in the manual....is this the cause of the problem...and if it is,....how can i solve it....

G

I would be happy with a solution too. I have the same problem...
Maybe it is Plextors marketing-strategy to let the burner work only with their own cdrom drives.
I now use Nero to burn from CD to CD. Nero has more capabilities than Plextools and doesn't make a difference between manufacturars.

G

well...its good to know that i'm not alone....luckily i recieved with my plex an OEM version of nero 5.5....and its beautiful....but hope u could help me out on this one.....after installing nero....i also installed InCD...which came with nero....and two new programs popped up....InCD..and Image drive....and now plextools reads 3 adapters....first is an image drive..second the sony cdrom..and the third is the plex....
what the heck are these two programs.....
thanks in advance....

G

I also have the same problem with my Plextor 16/10/40A!!! I got a copy off WinonCD 3.8 with my writer wich works fine. I'm gonna e-mail those guys to find out what the hell is wrong with plextools.

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Go look for a firmware update for your CD-RW from the Plextor website, and then install the 1.9 upgrade for Plextor Manager 2000. That should fix the software problem.

It is better to use more advanced burning software than what comes with the Plexwriter. Nero 5 is the best if you want real control over the process. All I ever use the Plexwriter software for is to listen to MP3's and audio CD's. It just sounds better than using Winamp or something like that.

There should be no reason for the Plexwriter Manager 2000 software to be unable to identify your CD-ROM after the upgrade(s). Plextor has no marketing strategy that forces you to use only their hardware. (It sees my Pioneer DVD just fine.) The real problem is between the keyboard and the computer chair. Always look for updates for software and firmware updates for a new component after installation. That's just a basic computer skills "rule-of-thumb" that will save you hours of grief.

**Note: Most Plextor CD-RW's come with a disk that has a version of Easy CD Creator 3.5 or 4 on it. This is the same disk that has the installation files for the Plextor Manager 2000 software already installed on your system. It's just not obvious that it is on there, until you look closely. It's not as good as Nero, but it's better than what you've got.

Don't uninstall the Plexwriter software ... the 1.9 software is an upgrade, and will overwrite the older version. It is not a complete, stand-alone version of the software.

**Note 2: Be sure that the Plexwriter is the Secondary Master, and the other Sony DVD/CD-ROM is the Secondary Slave on the internal IDE cable ... and listed as such in the BIOS, or it might not work correctly. Check your manual for the correct jumper settings, or go to both the Plexwriter and Sony websites and look at the technical specifications for the drives.

Live and learn.

Toejam31

<font color=purple>If there was a reason for everything, having faith would be redundant.</font color=purple>