PNY 6800gt textures problem

ran65

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I have a VERY annoying problem when running games:
Most of the Textures seems to flicker/shimmer/jerk (pick one) whenever the angle is changed (when moving or rotating the camera).
When I stand still it looks fine, only during motion the textures look corrupted (Its very hard to explain). compare between the screenshot (again, its hard to spot by looking at sceenshots)

The card is a few month old, But the wierd problem started a few days ago (with every game,have no idea why).
The card isnt overclocked.
I have tried changing/upgrading/downgrading drivers. no luck.
Tried reinstalling DirectX (9.0c). no luck.
Checked tempratures. normal (65 max, 53 ideal).
Tried Disconnecting everything else on my comp(thought maybe its a PSU prob.) no luck

Im Running out of ideas.
Please help.

PX7800GT

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
OK , OK I Think Its The Intellisample Problem ...
Which Level Of Intellisample Do You Use ?(High Performance,Performance,Quality,High Quality) ?
Try To Use High Quality Mode , Because I Have Same Problem When Using High Performance Mode !! :twisted:
I Hope It Helps You ...

ran65

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
OK , OK I Think Its The Intellisample Problem ...
Which Level Of Intellisample Do You Use ?(High Performance,Performance,Quality,High Quality) ?
Try To Use High Quality Mode , Because I Have Same Problem When Using High Performance Mode !! :twisted:
I Hope It Helps You ...
Intellisample is the "image setting" setting under "Preformence & quality setting" right?
Its on the default setting - quality, I tired changing it to High Quality, but nothing changed.
Do you have the same problem? if so what do you thing is the cause?

PX7800GT

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Yes , I Have The Same Problem But Only With High Performance & Performance Mode ... I Couldnt Play F.E.A.R. Because When I Moved The Walls Just Looked Horrible , So I Decided To Use High Quality Mode ( My Frame Rate Dropped By 5% ) And I Also Use The Gamma Correction AA & MultiSampling AA & Now The Looks So Natural ...
So What Kind Of Texture Filtering Do You Use In Your Games, Try To Use 16xAF And Maybe It Will Help You ... Use 84.20 Driver ... I Dont Know Any More ... I`m Sorry Man , But If Thing Doesnt Get Right You May Want To Change Your Graphic Card , But My Brother Has A Leadtek 6800GT & He Doesnt Have Any Problem Is Textures ...
Maybe The Game Is Your Problem ... Do You Have The Same Problem In All Of Your Games ??

ran65

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Yes , I Have The Same Problem But Only With High Performance & Performance Mode ... I Couldnt Play F.E.A.R. Because When I Moved The Walls Just Looked Horrible , So I Decided To Use High Quality Mode ( My Frame Rate Dropped By 5% ) And I Also Use The Gamma Correction AA & MultiSampling AA & Now The Looks So Natural ...
So What Kind Of Texture Filtering Do You Use In Your Games, Try To Use 16xAF And Maybe It Will Help You ... Use 84.20 Driver ... I Dont Know Any More ... I`m Sorry Man , But If Thing Doesnt Get Right You May Want To Change Your Graphic Card , But My Brother Has A Leadtek 6800GT & He Doesnt Have Any Problem Is Textures ...
Maybe The Game Is Your Problem ... Do You Have The Same Problem In All Of Your Games ??
I useally use AA x 4, But Im quite sure thats not the problem since the texture are corrupted in old games (that dont use any AA at all).
and yes the textures prob affects EVERY game.

ran65

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Iv just came back from a friend house, I tried to check the card on his system (to issolate the prob - software or hardware), unfortunelly the problem remains... The card is only 4.5 month old, and I have no idea how it can all of a sudden die.
Please let me know if you findout anything new, Im going to write to nvidia/pny and see if theres anything else I can do.

ran65

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Try turning on 16x anisotropic filtering and see if that fixes it (if it isn't already on).
Not all games have 16x anisotropic filtering setting, but Im gonna check it right now.

teh_squaterer

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Try turning on 16x anisotropic filtering and see if that fixes it (if it isn't already on).
Not all games have 16x anisotropic filtering setting, but Im gonna check it right now.
Half-Life 2 does... try setting it at 16x in that game.

ran65

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
right...so, Iv just ran HL2 with 16xaa. no change.
Here are some more screens, I hope you could see better what Im talking about:

teh_squaterer

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
right...so, Iv just ran HL2 with 16xaa. no change.
Here are some more screens, I hope you could see better what Im talking about:
I see what you are talking about... that happened to me when I used the high performance setting instead of high quality (although not as drastic as that), but I see you have already tried that... I don't know, that is very strange.

ran65

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
disable one pixel shadder and one vertex I beleive that will work I hope than we can sue for the error and improper information
How do I do that? I have searched rivatuner, but I didnt found anything close...
Besides, Im kindda scared of modding the card, since I might end up having to return it (I really REALLY hope it wouldnt come down to that, since I bought it in newyork, and I live in israel....)

ran65

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I see the screenshots are 640 x 480, but what resolution do you play at ?
Usualy 1024x768 and sometimes 1280x760, Obiusly I took 640x480 pics so they wouldnt be too big.