Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2021
Hi!
So I'm trying to host a minecraft server for a couple of my friends and I, however the ports don't seem to be active even though they are forwarded. Every config is setup correctly and it's using the correct internal IP address. The server is up on a local level as I can connect using 127.0.0:25565, but not openly. I already checked firewalls, rebooting, port checker, changing the port, opening the server using 0.0.0.0, and I even tried temporarily using DMZ which didn't work. If anyone has any ideas please help! I've hosted servers before and it has just suddenly stopped working.
For information I have an ASUS RT-AX82U, Frontier as my ISP, and I'm running Windows 10

Last edited:
Solution
The wan IP is a 192. on whatsmyip thats my ip4, does that mean i dont have a public IP?
That is exactly what that means. If you WAN IP is 10.x.y.z or 192.168.x.y or 100.64.x.y then you don't have a public IP address. You can't port forward.
It is a little unusual for your WAN IP to 192.168.x.y That probably means that your "modem" is actually a modem/router combo unit.
You could see if there is a way to put that unit into bridge mode. Google the model and "bridge mode"
Have you verified that you actually have a public IP. Check the WAN IP on a asus router it is shown on main page after you log in. Is this the same as the IP you see on whatsmyip. If they are not the same you do not have a public IP and will never be able to port forward.

You have already done most the standard things like DMZ to try to find the issue.

After this you start doing things like running wireshark on the machine so you can actually see if you are are getting the messages to the port and if the software is sending a response.

kanewolf

Titan
The wan IP is a 192. on whatsmyip thats my ip4, does that mean i dont have a public IP?
That is exactly what that means. If you WAN IP is 10.x.y.z or 192.168.x.y or 100.64.x.y then you don't have a public IP address. You can't port forward.
It is a little unusual for your WAN IP to 192.168.x.y That probably means that your "modem" is actually a modem/router combo unit.
You could see if there is a way to put that unit into bridge mode. Google the model and "bridge mode"

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS