The Perfect Armor
or is it ?
Would you allow a Character to wear a portable hole
(therefore constantly gaining cover like being behind an arrowslit)
what problems could arise ?
Are touch spells still manageable ?
And i didnt find anything on the hardness and hitpoints of a portable
hole
what would you give it ?

Thanks in advance
Kichumen

sparrer_j@gmx.de wrote:
> The Perfect Armor
> or is it ?
> Would you allow a Character to wear a portable hole
> (therefore constantly gaining cover like being behind an arrowslit)
> what problems could arise ?

By the description a portable hole is not open if it isn't entirely on
a surface. Therefore if you were weaing it, it wouldn't be open and
would act like a silk toga. I might be generous and give you the same
protection as padded armor.

> And i didnt find anything on the hardness and hitpoints of a portable
> hole
> what would you give it ?

I'd give it the same hardness and hitpoints as a silk rope.

- Justisaur

Sparky Polastri wrote:
> <sparrer_j@gmx.de> wrote in message
> > The Perfect Armor
> > or is it ?
> > Would you allow a Character to wear a portable hole
> > (therefore constantly gaining cover like being behind an arrowslit)
> > what problems could arise ?
> > Are touch spells still manageable ?
> > And i didnt find anything on the hardness and hitpoints of a
portable
> > hole
> > what would you give it ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Kichumen
> >

> In the games I have been involved in, the hole had to be placed on
the
> ground to gain access (just like the one from the Road Runner
cartoon).

> So, in hands or held in front of someone it was just cloth/extra
> diminesional stuff.
>
> How distructable it is... I am not sure I'd want that taking lots of
hit
> points while holding it in my hands....

Besides, a Sphere of Annihilation makes much better armor. Obviously.

-Will

<sparrer_j@gmx.de> wrote in message
> The Perfect Armor
> or is it ?
> Would you allow a Character to wear a portable hole
> (therefore constantly gaining cover like being behind an arrowslit)
> what problems could arise ?
> Are touch spells still manageable ?
> And i didnt find anything on the hardness and hitpoints of a portable
> hole
> what would you give it ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Kichumen

In the games I have been involved in, the hole had to be placed on the
ground to gain access (just like the one from the Road Runner cartoon).

So, in hands or held in front of someone it was just cloth/extra
diminesional stuff.

How distructable it is... I am not sure I'd want that taking lots of hit
points while holding it in my hands....

What if you attached the Portable Hole to a shild of appropriate size?
In that case, the hole would be entirely on a surface.

- Kertis

"KertDawg" <kertishenderson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What if you attached the Portable Hole to a shild of appropriate size?
> In that case, the hole would be entirely on a surface.

I have a better idea: line your colon with it.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:36:32 -0800, KertDawg wrote:

> What if you attached the Portable Hole to a shield of appropriate size?
> In that case, the hole would be entirely on a surface.

Semi-silly GM ruling: You can collect missile weapons that miss you by
one.

--
Phoenix

KertDawg <kertishenderson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>What if you attached the Portable Hole to a shild of appropriate size?
>In that case, the hole would be entirely on a surface.

There are two notions of Portable Hole: the one posited in Road Runner
and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and the one that's a doorway into an
extradimensional space that's 3' across and 10' deep.

With the former, of course, you now have a hole in your shield. These
'Holes work better to get from one room into another via a wall of
less than ten feet; they're much harder to adjudicate, however... what
happens if you lay the 'Hole on a bridge, and then someone takes a board
and some nails to try to board the resultant hole up from beneath?

Even so, I kinda prefer this "makes an actual hole" idea. As a side
benefit, it makes the Portable Hole / Bag of Holding interaction
much more "believable"...

Donald