Possibility for a cheaper built at this performance level?

Uglyduckly

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
To start off with I asked here earlier and got good advice, however I got too busy with my bachelor thesis so I never got around to ordering it. With 3 months of summer vacation I now have plenty of time and want to get it done :)
It is a first buy and build for me.

Approximate Purchase Date: Hopefully this week

Budget Range: 10.000 danish kr. (DKK) which is aproximately 1800 $, however stuff is very expensive in Denmark so more like 1400-1500 I would assume.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, 100 %.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Building a completely new pc.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes, thinking I am going with Win 8

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: edbpriser.dk (Danish price comparing site)

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Denmark, however if it is cheaper to purchase in another country and get it delivered here I am all for it.

Parts Preferences: No preferences

Overclocking: Plan is that it is good enough when I have build it, and when it is not down the line (5th gen consoles? :p) I will start overclocking it.

SLI or Crossfire: Not to begin with atleast

Your Monitor Resolution: Buying a new at 1080 p.

Additional Comments: None that I can think of

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Need a new desktop for gaming.

I have tried to make a build based on very little sadly, lurking these fora, checking websites and so on.

1 DKK ~ 0.18 USD
1 USD ~ 5.58 DKK

CPU: Core i5 I5-4670K 6 MB (Intel Boxed) 1655 DKK, ~300 USD (Seems to be the prefered)

GPU: Gigabyte GV-N770OC-2GD (2 GB) 2977 DKK, 534 USD (From what I can see most are going GTX 770 for new builds these days?)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3 678 DKK, 121,5 USD (is that a good chipset? I don't know what is to be gained from going with Z87)

RAM: G.Skill ARES 2 x 4 GB 389 DKK, 70 USD (Cheapest I could find of a brand I have heard of)

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 661 DKK, 118,5 USD (rather expensive? might not be enough wattage?)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 219 DKK, 40 USD (ok cheap)

Drive: Samsung SH-224BB 128 DKK, 23 USD (cheapest I could find)

Storage 1 (SSD): Samsung 840 Series MZ-7TD120 120 GB 649 DKK, 116 USD (seems too expensive to double that?)

Storage 2 (HDD): Seagate Barracuda Harddisk 1 TB 390 DKK, 70 USD (cheapeast 1 TB I could find of a brand I know)

Case: XIGMATEK Asgard-II 289 DKK, 52 USD (cheap)

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Dansk) (Opgraderingspakke) 692 DKK, 124 USD (expensive :D )

Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 1454 DKK, 261 USD (Saw that this was recommended a lot, and from what I can see it is rather cheap for a 1920x1080 p monitor)

If you have any recommendations I would very much appreciate it if you could explain why it is better? I would really love to learn and know why something is better then another, I feel very clueless. :)

Uglyduckly

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

I did not even know that you needed specific mobo's for overclocking :S
How much could be gained by overclocking down the line? My idea was to be able to overclock if games needed the extra juice. Would it be costly to pick a mobo with overclocking capabilities?

If you are interested in future overclocking, you'll want a Z87 motherboard.
The 120GB Samsung 840 is not a stellar performer, and was heavily criticized by HardOCP in their review of it. I'd suggest an 840 PRO, or a Crucial M4 or M500.
Here in the US, the Xigmatek Gaia is 2/3 of the price of a Hyper 212 EVO. It cools within 1C of the CM, making it a bang/buck winner.
You could get a 550W PSU. Check out XFX; they're all built by Seasonic.

Uglyduckly

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

Great will swap the SSD. Quite the save on the PSU but as far as I can see the GTX 770 needs at least 600 W. Can save a little on an XFX 650 W though so thanks :)

Regarding the cooler I just noticed that it is not compatible with the CPU to begin with :S

Would Gigabyte GA-Z87P-D3 be a good mobo?