Question Possible to merge 2 Desktop folders (one is empty) from 2 separate drives?

FrankSeven

Honorable
Aug 12, 2014
Hello, it's been a while. I'm wondering if it's safe to relocate an empty Desktop folder from an SSD system drive to an HDD drive that also contains a Desktop folder which is being used by the system by default. My objective is to merge them and its default location should still be in HDD.

I was about to do it until the second message popped up saying "Do you want to redirect folder "Desktop" into another system folder 'Desktop' located at 'F:\Users\***\Desktop'? If you proceed with redirection you will not be able to separate them or restore default location."

That last part had me changed my mind about it and decided to cancel it just in case if something goes wrong.

Ralston18

Titan

FrankSeven

Honorable
Aug 12, 2014
@jay32267
Because the empty folder somehow has the option to change the default location even though I've already set it to the other drive. I assumed there was a bug that the system duplicated the exact copy of it during the relocation process so now there are two locatable Desktop folders, just in 2 separate drives. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to just delete the empty folder right away when there's the option to change the default location of it.

@Ralston18
Yes I know how to change the default location of personal folders. I just didn't expect the second prompt to be a bit ominous when I applied the change on the empty folder.

@USAFRet
Well my desktop is very spacious , and most of the files are just shortcuts anyways. But I've made my choice a long time ago so there's no point going back anymore. Maybe until I have a fresh reinstallation and/or bigger SSD capacity. Anyways, I just want to make sure if it's safe to relocate to an existing usable one or it's safe to just delete the empty folder as suggested by @jay32267.

Here's the screenshot:
468a419bfd.png