[SOLVED] Possible to use the power of one GPU but make it display to another ?

djlamp94

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 11, 2017
Basically what the title says. I have an rx 580 and I want to add a second screen. Problem is that I don't have an adaptor and because of the pandemic I can't order anything like I used to. I do have a gt 730 at hand that has the display outputs I need and can fit in my case. Is there a way to make the pc use the power of the 580 but output the display through the gt 730?

Solution
I haven't tried it myself but it should work fine: that's basically how people get Nvidia Gsync-only GPUs to run variable refresh on Adaptive Sync monitors through adaptive sync capable IGP or secondary AMD GPU.

Since you already have the GT730 on hand, try it for yourself, it shouldn't cost you much more than 10min to find out first-hand.

InvalidError

Titan
I haven't tried it myself but it should work fine: that's basically how people get Nvidia Gsync-only GPUs to run variable refresh on Adaptive Sync monitors through adaptive sync capable IGP or secondary AMD GPU.

Since you already have the GT730 on hand, try it for yourself, it shouldn't cost you much more than 10min to find out first-hand.

Solution

djlamp94

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 11, 2017

I just tried it and it's working perfectly. Last time I tried this, the games forced the 730 to be used but now it's 100% using the 580 (albeit with a slight drop in frames)