[SOLVED] Power LED does not work

Apr 3, 2020
So I did a PC build the other day. My case is a Lian Li 205 Tempered Glass and my motherboard is an Asus ROG Maximus Hero Wi Fi. PSU is a 750 watt Evga G+.

When i first turned on the PC I'm actually not sure the state of the LED. It may have been on or may have been off. But around Thursday i noticed it was not on. So i thought maybe that's just a feature of the case. It just doesn't have the light on because it would be annoying. Anyway I shut down the PC and then turned it back on and the light came on for about a second maybe a second and a half. then it went dark. Tried shutting down again and the same result happened. I then went to change the wires around. maybe i had them wrong. tried a few things. same result. Tried a few more things and now it doesn't turn on at all. The light is just dark. no second or second and a half it just won't turn on.

Is my LED bad? I wouldn't mind going back to where I bought the case (Micro Center) and getting a new one. The thing is only 3 days old. But I would rather not take EVERYTHING out of the case and have to build this thing again. It would be very frustrating. Plus I am using a cpu cooler that has brackets on the other side of the case from the mobo so I would have to take off the heatsink which i don't want to do.

ON A SIDE NOTE: Not usre if it's related but also just for my own learning, when i connect the power button to the f panel, i noticed it has a triangle pointing down and that is the pwr and the other should be the ground? But when i reverse it the power button still works. I thought that was odd.

Also the f panel i am only using the pwr led + the pwr led - (The wire coming from the case is one unit for each) and then I am using the power button (which is from the same wire but is a two unit plastci end piece). There is no reset button or hdd light.

fredfinks

Honorable
Reread the mobo manual. Look at the case's cables again and make sure youre plugging right it correctly.
The triangle goes to +.

I would not bother about a busted power LED. You know when your pc is on right? I dont have mine connected on purpose (who needs another useless, distracting light that wastes electricity?)

Apr 3, 2020
Reread the mobo manual. Look at the case's cables again and make sure youre plugging right it correctly.
The triangle goes to +.

I would not bother about a busted power LED. You know when your pc is on right? I dont have mine connected on purpose (who needs another useless, distracting light that wastes electricity?)
maybe a dumb question, but the plus and minus are two separate wires. they aren't together (like the plastic part where it says PWR + and PWR - are going to the same wire but the plastic pieces are separate). Does it matter which way I put them in? Like with the writing facing outwards or inwards? I guess contact will be made regardless so it's probably not an issue....

Apr 3, 2020
Led leads are polarity sensitive.
The front panel pins are a bit difficult to orient.
Try reversing the leads, it can't hurt if you get it wrong.
Ditto for the HDD activity led's.
I just bought a multimeter. I hooked up the black to negative and the red to the positive and got nothing. No voltage. There's nothing that came out of it. What I did do, was, put the negative on the negative and then moved the positive to the pwr for the reset button (my case doesn't have one so it's available to use) and that is working. Giving the LED some power and it's staying on. I'd imagine any but of functionality of sleeping (the light breathing or blinking) now won't work but it's better than nothing. Why would my f panel have NO power coming out of the positive power led pin?

Apr 3, 2020
Look at the wires. Check for continuity.
Possibly the wire is broken or is not properly attached at one end or the other.
I'm an idiot!! Before I noticed all of this I had changed a BIOS configuration to be in stealth mode because I wanted to turn off the RGB lights. Stealth Mode not only turns off the RGB lights but turns off ALL LED's. There's a setting to ONLY turn off RGB lights. That's what I have now and everything is fine. What a waste of worrying lol