Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

I desire to temporarily change the "Turn off monitor:" option to "Never."
But when I do this, it has no effect. The monitor turns off after 20
minutes.

I am having trouble installting a very large program to my computer that
takes a couple of hours to install, and I want to set the monitor to not
turn off since that might be causing an error.

Is there something fancy I could do to make my computer do my bidding, like
change a registry value?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hi,

Check power management settings in the system BIOS.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> I desire to temporarily change the "Turn off monitor:" option to
> "Never." But when I do this, it has no effect. The monitor turns off
> after 20 minutes.
>
> I am having trouble installting a very large program to my computer
> that takes a couple of hours to install, and I want to set the monitor
> to not turn off since that might be causing an error.
>
> Is there something fancy I could do to make my computer do my bidding,
> like change a registry value?

just curious, what program would take a couple of hours to install ?

DanS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

A big one that is being downloaded and run without first saving it to
a file comes to mind. Another one even when it's installed off a
network drop here at my company is something called CATIA. It can take
a long time especially if I'm uninstalling the previous version as
part of the install.

"DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@a.d.e.l.p.h.i.a..n.e.t> wrote in message
> "Mister Scary" <danielnewhouse@bellsouth.net> wrote in
>
> > I desire to temporarily change the "Turn off monitor:" option to
> > "Never." But when I do this, it has no effect. The monitor turns
off
> > after 20 minutes.
> >
> > I am having trouble installting a very large program to my
computer
> > that takes a couple of hours to install, and I want to set the
monitor
> > to not turn off since that might be causing an error.
> >
> > Is there something fancy I could do to make my computer do my
bidding,
> > like change a registry value?
> >

> just curious, what program would take a couple of hours to install ?
>
> DanS

gerry

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hi, Mister Scary, did you check if it is not the Screensaver turning off
your monitor. That happened on my Dell and after increasing the time on the
Display>Screensaver to 600 minutes, I have no more problems.
Gerry