Question Power supply faulty?

Jan 9, 2020
Pc was working properly and all of a sudden it restarted and then closed. I determined the psu might be faulty but not sure. I have a Corsair CX650M
  1. When I press the powerbutton, the cpu cooler and fans start spinning as they normally would and then it boots down.
  2. if I ever touched the cable and movee by just a milimeter, my pc would close.
I am going to take it to the shop I bought it from and request a replacement.

Are Corsair's PSU all like this or is this one damaged? Things I should try before I ask for a replacement? Would it still be safe to use it if it mirraculously boots up?

mangaman

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
if I ever touched the cable and movee by just a milimeter, my pc would close.
Sounds like a loose cable or connection(s). My PC used to suddenly boot down whenever I would open the access panel during operation. Turns out, the 24 pin connection wasn't properly seated in. PSU was fine.

So make sure all connections are properly seated.

Jan 9, 2020
Sounds like a loose cable or connection(s). My PC used to suddenly boot down whenever I would open the access panel during operation. Turns out, the 24 pin connection wasn't properly seated in. PSU was fine.

So make sure all connections are properly seated.
I went to mt friends house and he tried quite a lot of things. He unplugged pieces one by one to see if the psu wants to get out of its "protection" and alot more that I dont understand. PSU is dead. But thanks for replying

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS