Question Powering and controlling rgb fans with a lighting node core???

Jan 19, 2020
So, me and my friend are confused about how the lighting node core works. The Asus Prime z390-a MB doesn't have 5 fan headers when we wanted a full RGB setup. We were just wondering whether the node core provides both the power to all the fans and if it is able to control the RGB on all the fans. We'll have 2 LL120 fans (from the aio cooler) and 3 SP120 fans (from the icue case).

aidanwright24

Commendable
Jan 3, 2019
So, me and my friend are confused about how the lighting node core works. The Asus Prime z390-a MB doesn't have 5 fan headers when we wanted a full RGB setup. We were just wondering whether the node core provides both the power to all the fans and if it is able to control the RGB on all the fans. We'll have 2 LL120 fans (from the aio cooler) and 3 SP120 fans (from the icue case).

I have this problem too but the core only controls the rgb. What i have been told though is you can use fan splitters. Theyre pretty cheap and better than using a cheap controller. Fans need 0.3amps normally and the headers have 1 amp so usually you can use 2-3 fans on one header, you just need to get the right splitter and double check your fans amps which is on the box