[SOLVED] PPT TDC EDC qusetion, i am a noob at this.

scrubs2708

Commendable
May 19, 2018
I don't know too much about this, but i don't want to wreck my CPU.
I heard its ok to max out PPT, TDC & EDC under "PBO" in BIOS.

I read that a lot of people have done exactly that, but I have also heard that it's being maxed at AUTO, but I have a setting for manual, I was wondering if it would help to set it to manual and give it a custom value. if it is, then should I just type in the highest possible number or, cause I hear that it won't really change anything.

Last edited:
Solution
If you are trying to get it replaced under warranty, the CPU logs its settings so your claim will just get rejected. Overclocking damage is not warrantable. I dont even know if intel offers the OC warranty anymore. LoL

If you are trying to destroy it to trash it. Loosen the CPU cooler so you can lift it off, them run intel burn in test, or some other cpu intensive workload, and when the CPU gets hot, lift the Cooler off. It will often make a satisfying Pop on its way to the grave.

popatim

Titan
If you are trying to get it replaced under warranty, the CPU logs its settings so your claim will just get rejected. Overclocking damage is not warrantable. I dont even know if intel offers the OC warranty anymore. LoL

If you are trying to destroy it to trash it. Loosen the CPU cooler so you can lift it off, them run intel burn in test, or some other cpu intensive workload, and when the CPU gets hot, lift the Cooler off. It will often make a satisfying Pop on its way to the grave.

Solution

scrubs2708

Commendable
May 19, 2018

Holy <Mod Edit>, my bad. i made a huge spelling mistake! i meant "I don't know too much about this, but i don't want to wreck my CPU. "

Last edited by a moderator: