[SOLVED] Pre Built PC Help

Sep 28, 2020
Hey guys,
I'm looking to upgrade my current rig and was wondering if people could recommend a good pre-built set. I can't build my own PC so I need a site or manufacturer that could do it all.

I want better performance in more simple games like WoW all the way to more demanding features like using my Valve Index for VR. I currently have a 27 inch 4k monitor and can generally get around 60fps for WoW in demanding settings. I'm wondering if it's possible to increase that with a better rig.
My current CPU specs are:
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7 -6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
X99-A II
Rev 1 .xx
Monitors: 27 Inch 4k Asus Predator
LG 27 Inch monitor
LG 24 Inch monitor

My budget is fairly high, probably around 4-5k but I'm wondering if that is necessary given my needs.

Currently I've been looking at 2 distinct builds on newegg.
https://www.newegg.ca/abs-ali445/p/N82E16883360029?Description=pre%20built%20gaming%20pc&cm_re=pre_built%20gaming%20pc-_-83-360-029-_-Product
and a cheaper
https://www.newegg.ca/abs-computer-technologies-mage-h-ali335/p/N82E16883102800?Description=pre%20built%20gaming%20pc&cm_re=pre_built%20gaming%20pc-_-83-102-800-_-Product

My overall goal is to future proof my rig and absolutely thrash games like WoW while also being able to max out my VR games. I think a decent CPU is required for this, that's why I've been focusing on the i9, but in general my knowledge is quite limited.

Thank you! I appreciate all help and tips!

Solution
I mean with that budget, I would really just do it yourself. Watch some jayztwocents and other computer guys on youtube, a computer is nothing but ~11 different parts that only plug in one way.

As for pre-builts, pretty much choose the GPU you want and get a pre-built with a good processor. Prebuilts are designed to work as that, so you really only need to look at the RAM, storage, GPU and CPU.
I'd go with a 3090/3080 and a i10th gen.
I mean with that budget, I would really just do it yourself. Watch some jayztwocents and other computer guys on youtube, a computer is nothing but ~11 different parts that only plug in one way.

As for pre-builts, pretty much choose the GPU you want and get a pre-built with a good processor. Prebuilts are designed to work as that, so you really only need to look at the RAM, storage, GPU and CPU.
I'd go with a 3090/3080 and a i10th gen.

Solution

logainofhades

Titan
Both are total waste of money. Those prebuilds tend to use junk quality PSU's, that will leave you with an expensive paperweight, when they die and take your system with them.

DUDE, wow!

If you are anywhere near Atlanta, let's go on a field trip to MicroCenter with that money and teach you how to build a system.

Considering the links are for Newegg Canada, I doubt they are. lol

Reactions: punkncat