Premiere striped tracks

batchu

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
hi, guys
i'm using adobe premiere cs3 and i have a problem for wich i cannot find the solution.
what happens is that when i paste audio and video from another sequence, i see in timelime both the audio and video tracks with darker oblique stripes and in the program monitor i see black screen. the audio track has no waveform, but it can be heard. what can i do? does anybody know???

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
if it's a transition that is striped, then the clip does not have enough handle frames for the transition duration. Otherwise, it means that a nested sequence's duration no longer matches the duration specified in the enclosing sequence (e.g., a nested sequence is added to the parent sequence, and then the length of the inner sequence is changed by time effects; the parent will show stripes).

batchu

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
well, i haven't done any change to either sequences, the initial sequence had been into another project, with no effects, only cuts. i've solved the problem by importing the whole project from where i had copyed that sequence's media into the one i'm working on. now premiere works harder - i think the project is almoust 60 Mb, but at least i don't have the stripes.
thanks anyway for your help!